Reload this Page >

My Travel Pass - returning home to Malaysia

My Travel Pass - returning home to Malaysia

Old Aug 26th 2021, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

ChrisC1955 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Travel Pass - returning home to Malaysia

Hi All,
I'm presently working in Vietnam and I want to get home to Malaysia (KL). I'm a Brit and married to a Malaysian citizen. I have been struggling with the My Travel Pass application process which I need to go through to return. I have a LTSVP valid until mid September.
The pages on the Imigresen website are a bit confusing. The User Guide lists documents which must be submitted, i.e. passport biometric page + 4 other documents, however the actual online application form lists passport page and 6 other items! The upload facility on the page only allows 4 plus the passport. All a bit weird...
I consulted the Malaysian Consulate here in HCMC and they quoted 3 items!
Has anyone else returned to Malaysia during the MCO using this process?
Old Oct 19th 2021, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: My Travel Pass - returning home to Malaysia

Update. I made it home. Currently in very expensive quarantine! What a saga. In the end they wanted to know about my job in Vietnam - though what that has to do with the process I don’t know. That’s JIM for you!
Old Oct 20th 2021, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back. I assume that you did not get home quarantine approved? And are now in an expensive hotel quarantine?
Old Oct 20th 2021, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, didn’t even get the chance to apply. As soon as I selected Vietnam from the country of origin menu it was BANG! 14 days hotel without the option!
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 10:39 am
Just Joined

enjoythesun is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have recent experience with My Travel Pass, My Safe Travel and home quarantine. I applied for and received approval for entry into Malaysia via My Travel Pass. In the approval letter it states that Non-Malaysian applicant are required to make payment for Covid-19 screening and quarantine charges within 90 days from the approval date. Entry will be denied if payment is not been made prior to enter Malaysia. .

You are then directed to go to the SafeTravel URL.

When going to the Safe Travel site there is no option for stating home quarantine, which I expect would be approved should I apply for it, so would appear that the only option is to pay for hotel quarantine and covid screening, get home approval, and accept the hotel costs as lost money.

The hotel quarantine in Penang is 7 days (was 14 days a week ago so there is a change in quarantine requirements), Planning to travel early December and hoping that there will be no quarantine required/

Any guidance appreciated. Thanks.

Old Nov 2nd 2021, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

I was told on arrival at KLIA, after signing up for the hotel that I could have applied for home quarantine but beyond saying that it was by a separate email there was no other information.
So I paid for the 14 days and was let out after 7. Now I’m in the process of getting a refund for the 2nd week.
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by enjoythesun View Post
When going to the Safe Travel site there is no option for stating home quarantine, which I expect would be approved should I apply for it, so would appear that the only option is to pay for hotel quarantine and covid screening, get home approval, and accept the hotel costs as lost money.
The safetravel website is your choice when everything else has failed and you need to come to Malaysia desperately and stand at the airport with boarding denied

Here you have to apply for the HQ: https://hso.moh.gov.my/outbreak-portal-hqa/index

The E-Mail-Applications have been discontinued end of September.
Old Yesterday, 1:52 am
Just Joined

enjoythesun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for advice. Received home quarantine approval (only took a few days) so am now bound for Penang via Singapore.

Presumably once landed there's the PCR test, wait around for a few hours for results and then free to go. Anyone have recent experiences going thru Penang. From a transport home perspective are there restrictions in place, or can you just arrange someone to pick you up ..... taxi, uber etc. Things seem a lot more relaxed than they were months ago.
Old Yesterday, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

WiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really nice

I went through the Penang Airport - 7-day home quarantine last week. I arrived on the SCOOT flight (9am) SIN - PEN. A few headaches, but I survived...LOL.

When I entered the SCOOT waiting area prior to boarding, I was given a Quarantine request form to fill out, and also a Bar-scan paper. The bar scan directs your phone to a MySejahtera type link where you again fill out a Home quarantine request, this is then link to your MySejahtera profie.
Upon arrival Penang, I was directed by a team of Malaysians in full lab gear to fill out another quarantine paper work (this was the same paper work that I received from Singapore). Once you fill you the paper work, I was pointed to a line (20 min) where all your paper work is checked. If all paper work is good, you are then pointed to another line (30 min) where you are given a RT-PCR test (foreigners pay 250MYR, Malaysian are free), the results are then texted to you in 2 days. You are given a pink home quarantine band, and sent on your way.
There was no organized Taxi stand setup (taxi driver said it was closed due to no business), but I was directed to a waiting taxi (same price as the taxi stand). No Special covid texi's that I noticed.
1 -2 days later, you should receive your test results via phone text, and MySejahartera app. On day #4 your should be notified to take another RT-PCR (250MYR) test via phone text (day #5 test was at the Vouk Hotel parking lot). Test results were passed via text and MySejahtera app. On day #8 at around 10am, the status page on MySehartera turn back to Normal...and I was free.
A bit chaotic upon arrival. The Malaysian techs english was a bit tough to understand due to all the extra back ground noise, and the actual setup was poor. I would suggest if possible you make an effort to be one of the 1st off the plane, as this might spare you a bit of extra chaos.The extra hoops to jump through added up about 60 - 90 mins.