Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Seremban, Malaysia. Advice please!!! (moved from Welcome Inn)

Moving to Seremban, Malaysia. Advice please!!! (moved from Welcome Inn)

Old May 7th 2015, 7:35 am
Just Joined

dzsimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Moving to Seremban, Malaysia. Advice please!!! (moved from Welcome Inn)

Hi

My family and I have been offered a job in Sendayan by Seremban in Malaysia.

The offer is theoretically good but I am suspecting there is stuff about the area that they are not telling us.

My main concern is would we have life without a car. Sendayan is a "developing township". The internet has been unable to tell us if there would be busses or any way in and out.

Please help. Need to give an answer by Monday 11th

Thanks a lot
Old May 7th 2015, 8:46 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Seremban, Malaysia. Advice please!!! (moved from Welcome Inn)

Hello and welcome to the forum

I've shifted your thread from the Welcome Inn over to the Malaysia section, as you stand a better chance of getting a response in here.

Let's hope you get some answers
Old May 7th 2015, 9:23 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Seremban, Malaysia. Advice please!!! (moved from Welcome Inn)

Was just asking a friend about Seremban and she gave me this link to Sendayan. Looks like a big industrial zone. I imagine that a car would be handy. Can you not hire one?

Even if there are buses going in, when it's monsooning....mmmm....

Sendayan TechValley
Old May 7th 2015, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Only got until next Monday to reply.
They don't give much time I wonder why.

I see there's a vinyard close to Sendayan. Are you working in viticulture?

Anyway Sendayan seems about a 10 mile car ride from Seremban itself which is a large town, maybe a city these days.
Depending on where you live I'd say you need a car especially if you have kids although taxis are an alternative.

I'd certainly want more info on accommodation before I gave an answer.
Perhaps they can send some photos of the place you will live and exactly where it is.

If you have kids what about schooling distances, unless of course this is a teaching position you have applied for.

Seremban used to be a railway depot iirc and as the double tracking and electrification is due shortly you might be associated with that.

I've driven through it years ago but it will have changed a lot since then.
IIRC it is connected to KL by Light Rail as well as railway.

Can't help more than that and hopefully someone else on here will know much more.