Moving to Puchong

Old Sep 20th 2015, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Irish wife will become famous soon enoughIrish wife will become famous soon enough
Default Moving to Puchong

Hi everyone

My husband and I are very keen to move overseas again. We previously lived in shanghai, but moved back to the Uk to have our children. We are now ready to leave again!

There are a few job opportunities for my husband in Puchong, before we go any further we wondered what people thought about a few things.

Is it possible to live in KL and travel there? Or would we be better based in Puchong? I have read some reviews about the MRT opening shortly, does this make it more accessible?

What is it like for children? (We have a 3 and 5yr old.) School would be sorted for them through his work. Are there things like dance classes? Swimming lessons? Or even play groups for my younger one?

Also, what kind of housing could we expect? We lived on the outskirts of shanghai and had a villa with garden. Is this possible? My children love playing out doors!

Thank you in advance, look forward to hearing any advice.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 11:32 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Puchong

Hi there. Just to say Welcome to the forum

I'm in Penang so cannot help on your questions. Hopefully others will be along to help you out.
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

roystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond repute

To get an idea of the rental in Puchong, you may look up Mudah.my >

Lookup those with 'Gated' properties. Alternatively you may look for apartments up for temporary rental (2-3 months) and when you are here, explore your surroundings before committing to the semi-permanent rental.

Puchong is fairly close to KL and indeed the MRT will be your best choice of travel in KL, avoiding the jams.
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I live next to Puchong, in Subang Jaya.

Puchong is notorious for its traffic chaos at the moment, due to the MRT extensions and also construction alongside the LDP highway.

KL is quite a distance and the MRT into Puchng itself won't be ready for at least another year.

There are some nice developments in Puchong itself that are suitable to stay in, especially if work is in that area. Commuting all the way from KL would be a hassle, even though you'd be travelling against the flow of traffic during peak times. It would still take you 40 minutes or so from KLCC.

I'd recommend taking a look at some of the localities around Puchong, such as Subang Jaya, Putrajaya and Seri Kembangan.

Kids activities are quite common with all sorts of clubs around. Most schools include certain clubs and activities too.

Hope above helps.

Abdul
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Irish wife will become famous soon enoughIrish wife will become famous soon enough

Thank You everyone, this has certainly given us more ideas to look into. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

When is the MRT due to be complete? I thought I had read start of 2016, but maybe it is later now.

Thanks again.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute

The MRT will be phased in as far as I know.The Putra Heights to Kelana Jaya line will be running early 2016. But the line that runs through Puchong is later from what I know.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Great, thanks. I managed to look at the mrt route and it said 2017 for puchong area. But the stations look to be well located for where we are looking.

Thanks again for your help.
Old Oct 6th 2015, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

meinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Malaysia...
I live in south end of USJ near Puchong and would say that if work is in Puching then find somewhere there or USJ/Subang... Living in KL and thravelling out to Puchong to work wouldnt seem sensible.
Puchong has expanded greatly during the last 10 years and now has pretty much all you will need there and in Subang... and cheaper than KL centre, which is now becoming just as congested as it used to be in the 90's.
There are condos, houses and gated housing in this area, so you can choose whether to have garden or pool or even both. Masses of places to eat out, especially if you are used to Shanghai food.
Alice Smith school is a short drive from Puchong but i think the primary part is still at Jln Bellamy in KL, but there are other international schools to choose from. I suggest you check those first then choose where to live as that will dictate your choice.
The MRT is progressing well but still not ready and would likely require a feeder bus that covers your area, so a car is still needed to get around.
I would suggest Putra Heights or USJ (16/17 end) which will be near the new Putra line which will go through Subang (KTM) to KL. For example USJ 16 has excellent security, park area and safe. Houses are older but an end lot might be suitable. Putra Heights has brand new villas being built.
Hope this helps.. PM if you need any info.

BTW the nearest Irish pub is not far away.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks meinkl, this is really useful advice!

We are moving on with plans, just waiting to see when the move is going to happen. Hopefully in the new year it's getting very exciting now!

You wouldn't believe some of the places we have managed to find irish bars! So always good to know there is one near by
Old Oct 7th 2015, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

meinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond reputemeinkl has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move.