Moving to KL soon

Old May 12th 2015, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

wicked5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to KL soon

Hi all, this is my 1st post here I believe having registered a couple of weeks ago.

In a month or so I will be working in 'Bukit Jalil' and propose to rent an apartment in KL city, in terms of renting do you think the commute will be sensible? How bad is rush-hour traffic? Are there any areas I should consider in particular? I prefer a good night-life and would prefer shops close by.

Thanks
Old May 13th 2015, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Maz01 has a reputation beyond reputeMaz01 has a reputation beyond reputeMaz01 has a reputation beyond reputeMaz01 has a reputation beyond reputeMaz01 has a reputation beyond reputeMaz01 has a reputation beyond reputeMaz01 has a reputation beyond reputeMaz01 has a reputation beyond reputeMaz01 has a reputation beyond reputeMaz01 has a reputation beyond reputeMaz01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to KL soon

Bukit Jalil is south of the city centre, and is anything from a 30 - 60 minute drive, depending on traffic (and the weather!!). There is an LRT station, which runs to KLCC and takes around 20-30 mins, and from the stations you can usually get a taxi pretty easily, depending how far you need to travel.

Good luck with the move!
Old May 13th 2015, 1:48 am
Just Joined

30-60 will be perfect compared to my 1hr 30m commute into work at the momentin the UK. I will take a look at the train too assuming public transport is reliable there.

Cheers!
Old May 13th 2015, 8:33 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum and hope the move goes well.
Old May 18th 2015, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Thank you sir/ms,

Slightly strange feedling knowing I have to sell everything I own here in the UK, and literally live out of my suitcase for a couple of years. Some apartments look nice from the pictures, namely 'setia sky' and 'the capers', although sceptical the pictures are actually genuine.
Old May 19th 2015, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Nakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond repute

Don't go by any property photo you see online. You have to view the property itself. Agents will post advertisements for condos using old photos, show apartment photos, even different condo project photos just to get an advert online. It's seldom a specific apartment they are advertising. They will then scramble to find an apartment that meets your needs (our more often suggest another development) once you contact them.
Old May 23rd 2015, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Thought as much, thanks - One question, I was looking to see what the best option transport wise would be. Is it really viable to get two 30min taxi's each day? I saw UBER cost about 30 ringitt for each way, drivers advertised at 2.5/3k. Or a cheap little perodua for 24k. But what would the insurance cost be? I'm thinking of a rental car for 1.5k each month as it's sort of worry free motoring.

What do you suggest? What do you guys do?
Old May 23rd 2015, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Nakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond repute

What makes financial sense depends on how long you intend to stay in Malaysia. What makes most sense for convenience is leased. It's not often I get a taxi but I've experienced bad cars, bad drivers, negotiated fares and unreliability. I wouldn't want to be late for a meeting waiting for a cab or late home when I can't get a pick up in the rain. Having said that I know those who do.
Old May 24th 2015, 2:41 am
Just Joined

Batmobile is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wicked5

I was looking to see what the best option transport wise would be.

I'm thinking of a rental car for 1.5k each month as it's sort of worry free motoring.

What do you suggest? What do you guys do?

Buy a second hand Myvi.
Sell it about 3 months before you leave
Rent one for the remaining duration

Batmobile
Old May 24th 2015, 9:11 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

....and welcome to the forum, Batmobile Interesting name
Old May 29th 2015, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Twixy is an unknown quantity at this point

Please do let us know what the conditions in the jail are like :-) I've heard horror stories for the poorer countries of the world, I'm in Thailand myself. Personally it's not something I know too much about though.