Reload this Page >

Moving to KL - Looking for Apartments

Moving to KL - Looking for Apartments

Old Jun 27th 2014, 7:58 am
Just Joined

FlickyMalta is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to KL - Looking for Apartments

Hello,

My partner and I are moving to KL in August 2014 and currently looking for a short let apartment - 2-3 months. We thought it would be best to do short let initially, and once we have settled in and become familiar with the city and work out where we would like to live on a more permanent basis then we will start to look for a longer let.

Can anyone advise which areas would be best to look for short lets? Where would be best to live first? Any tips on who we should contact? Websites? Agents?

My partner will be working from home and I will hopefully find a job once in KL, therefore moving close to our workplace is not an option at the beginning.

Thanks - Felicity
Old Jun 27th 2014, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to KL - Looking for Apartments

Originally Posted by FlickyMalta
Hello,

My partner and I are moving to KL in August 2014 and currently looking for a short let apartment - 2-3 months. We thought it would be best to do short let initially, and once we have settled in and become familiar with the city and work out where we would like to live on a more permanent basis then we will start to look for a longer let.

Can anyone advise which areas would be best to look for short lets? Where would be best to live first? Any tips on who we should contact? Websites? Agents?

My partner will be working from home and I will hopefully find a job once in KL, therefore moving close to our workplace is not an option at the beginning.

Thanks - Felicity
Hi Felicity and welcome to the site!

I think the first thing to establish is what type of visa you will both be coming into Malaysia with?
Old Jun 27th 2014, 1:27 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Felicity and welcome to the forum

Afraid I'm not in KL so cannot help. There are some existing topics about renting around KL on this section if the forum, so have a browse and see what you find. There's also a Search box up,on the top,right.

As Bluenose says, do check out the visa situation first. Certainly in Penang, to get a rental agreement, you'll need to show your visa in passport.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Hammeraway has much to be proud ofHammeraway has much to be proud ofHammeraway has much to be proud ofHammeraway has much to be proud ofHammeraway has much to be proud ofHammeraway has much to be proud ofHammeraway has much to be proud ofHammeraway has much to be proud ofHammeraway has much to be proud ofHammeraway has much to be proud ofHammeraway has much to be proud of

Good web site is iproperty.
Location depends on where you may be working or what you will be doing in KL.
Good expat areas are KLCC (city centre), Ampang, Mont Kiara, Bangsar but as they are good expat areas the rental will be higher than other areas.
Short term rental may not be so easy to find as most are looking for 1 year ++
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 5:37 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hammeraway
Short term rental may not be so easy to find as most are looking for 1 year ++
Also check that the condo you have in mind does allow short term lets. Our condo in Penang does not. It's in the House Rules and is illegal, and they enforce the rule legally if they catch anyone. So do check that out.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 7:39 am
Just Joined

FlickyMalta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

I think we will use AirBnB initially for one - two months and then use that time to look for something permanent, 1 year plus. During that time my partner will also know where he will be working. Thanks for your help.

Also, can these letting agents be 100% trusted?