Mooncakes anyone ?

Old Jul 7th 2016, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mooncakes anyone ?

Robbers grab bag of cakes, miss cash
Wed, Aug 27, 2008
NST

GEORGE TOWN, MALAYSIA - After firing 10 shots and injuring the victim in a brazen attack, two gunmen fled with a bag containing only clothing and mooncakes. They missed their target of RM1.9 million which was in another bag, beside the one they took.

The botched robbery occurred outside the departure hall of Bayan Lepas airport about 9.30am yesterday in which the victim, a 51-year-old moneychanger, suffered three gunshot wounds.

Police media relations officer Superintendent Shahron Anuar Abdul Latif said the victim was shot twice in his legs while another shot grazed his right ear.

Shahron said two gunmen waited in ambush for the victim who was on his way to Singapore. The victim arrived at the airport with the cash inside a security van.

"He was unloading his luggage from the van to a trolley when the robbers, in ski-masks, struck.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 7th 2016 at 9:54 pm. Reason: Copyright infringement Site Rule #7. Please post a link so members can read the entire text. Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2016, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mooncakes anyone ?

This was Wed Aug 27th 2008 News.
The mooncakes would be very expired by now, hehehe ;0)
Old Jul 7th 2016, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by columbine
This was Wed Aug 27th 2008 News.
The mooncakes would be very expired by now, hehehe ;0)
By their taste mooncakes have expired long long before they are put on sale.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha this makes me remember when I worked at a construction site in Taiwan...

In the season (mid autumn), each of our subcontractors gave me a couple of boxes with mooncakes and as I did not like these cakes at all, I passed them on to the watchman of the condo where I lived. During appr. one week he got one or two boxes per day from me.

Judging from the quality of the boxes and the luxury wrapping, I am quite sure that these cakes were quite expensive, so the watchman probably still wonders what he had done to deserve such gifts!