MM2H status?

Old Jun 5th 2021, 11:01 am
Just Joined

satumadu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MM2H status?

I haven't been keeping up with the news regarding MM2H; and I'm too lazy to seach the web; so I'm wondering if anyone here could fill me in.
I have a couple of years left on what is in my passport. If I get a new passport in two years time there normally would be another four years available via an extension. But I hear the programme is shut down; so I don't know if there is, at present, an office that issues extensions.
I know that everything is up in the air; and that a lot can change in two years; but I'm just curious to see what is happening at present by way of maintenance of the programme. That might give some indication of what might be avialable in the future.
So has anyone been able to get an extension recently?
Old Jun 6th 2021, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H status?

Are you renewing because of expiring passport (that is your MM2H is still valid) Or areyou renewing the MM2H validity time another 10 years?
Both cases should be OK, but if there are travel restrictions it may be difficult to do it in person.
The agents travel costs may be a bit high now for the 'individual service' due to lack of customers.

For extending the MM2H visa with another 10 years, a friend is in the process of doing this now.
He does it through an agent and in addition to application letter, he has been asked to provide:
- Lien letter from the bank regarding his MM2H FD
- Original deposit slip for the MM2H FD
- Medical examination (can be done at any registered clinic)
- Copies of all pages in his presently valid passport
No health insurance since >65 years old.

Since it is possible to extend a 10 years visa, I would assume that just getting a MM2H stamp in a new passport would not be any problem.
Of course within the validity of the 10 years visa
Old Jun 7th 2021, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

I somehow got the idea that "extension" was used in the case of putting the remainder of a 10 year visa in a new passport; and "renewal" in the case of applying for a new 10 year visa.
I would be getting a new passport in 2 years time; and would like to have the remainder of my current 10 year visa put in it.
I am in Malaysia, and there's a chance that the MCO will not be in operation 2 years from now. So I would likely be able to travel to Putrajaya to do the application.
A lot can happen before then; but I just wanted to get an inkling of what is currently the situation. e.g. is there still an office in Putrajaya doing extensions?
I am about half-way through my second visa, and have never used an agent; so I would prefer to do it myself.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, your idea of what is extension and what is renewal is valid, but there have earlier been some misunderstandings about the terminology.
Therefore my question.
Anway, as I said, since my friend is in the process of doing a visa renewal and all goes normally, it should mean that there should still be an office in Putrajaya.
And that they also would do extensions.

Old Jun 8th 2021, 3:18 am
Just Joined

Thanks Gunnar, I'll check this site from time to time to see what changes arise. Impossible to plan long-term, but have to come up with some options never-the-less. BTW, do you know of any other sites/forums that might track MM2H issues? I used to like Scott's MM2H site; but it has been dead for years now. Wish it would reincarnate...
Old Jun 8th 2021, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, I remember Scott, His forum was very good,
Don't know of any other sites.
That not so much happens here is probably because the MM2H program for new applications hasn't restarted yet and that the MY borders are closed.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by satumadu
Thanks Gunnar, I'll check this site from time to time to see what changes arise. Impossible to plan long-term, but have to come up with some options never-the-less. BTW, do you know of any other sites/forums that might track MM2H issues? I used to like Scott's MM2H site; but it has been dead for years now. Wish it would reincarnate...
Expat dot com, Malaysia section.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

My friend just told me that his process of visa renewal is on hold because the offices handling this are closed.
I guess this will only be over the duration of the strict MCO period...
Old Jun 10th 2021, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Gunnar, that's about what I thought the situation was. I guess the programme has to take a back seat to the pressing problems caused by the pandemic. I will check back in a few months time. I have two years left on my current passport; and until recently I thought that would be enough time for things to get back to normal. But now it seems that "normal" might take a while.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by satumadu
Thanks Gunnar, that's about what I thought the situation was. I guess the programme has to take a back seat to the pressing problems caused by the pandemic. I will check back in a few months time. I have two years left on my current passport; and until recently I thought that would be enough time for things to get back to normal. But now it seems that "normal" might take a while.
I donĀ“t know which nationality you are (Commonwealth or not), but I highly recommend to try to bring the passport validity and the visa validity together. It is so much trouble and costs when you cannot use the visa for 10 years. So before my next renewal I definitely will get a new passport before no matter how much years the old one is still valid.