Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Malaysia, Immigration 'card' ??

Malaysia, Immigration 'card' ??

Old Feb 8th 2012, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

larryX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Malaysia, Immigration 'card' ??

A friend of mine has just arrived in KL from Singapore. She did not get an immigration card to keep and hand in when she leaves the country.

I thought everyone gets the card and must have it to hand in on leaving.

Does anyone have recent experience on this ?

Thanks in anticipation, Larry
Old Feb 8th 2012, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malaysia, Immigration 'card' ??

This happens if a card is not given out at immigration.

Sometimes the officer will forget or purposely for some unknown reason not give a card.

But recently Malaysian Immigration runs out of the white cards and takes time to get new stock in.
During this period white cards are unnecessary.

But you should always check if cards are available for filling out and if not given one or your filled in white card is not returned then you should not leave immigration until you get a satisfactory explanation.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:26 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

If I recall correctly, a few folks reported on my2home that Immigration cards had finished. The thread was quite recent. I'll see if I can find it again when I get back home.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute

Got back to Pg in Jan. White cards given out on the plane. Mr C and I were told at the immig booth MM2H participants are not required to fill that. We both had a small strip of rectangular sticker on the stamp page for entry. On exit from Pg the immig officer tore off a section of this strip, the remaining is stuck to our passports.
Got back to Pg again two days ago. The flight attendance told the passengers who asked for white cards M'sia Immig is out of white cards.
I didn't bother to ask this time. At the booth we did the usual having our finger prints scanned. In Mr C passport the officer stuck the rectangular strip of paper by the stamp, but this time I didn't get the strip of sticker
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

larryX is an unknown quantity at this point

We arrived at KUL on 17..1.12. from MNL. I am British my wife Filipino. We did not get a white card.

On 13.2.12 we crossed the boarder to Hat Yai and there was no mention of a card.

When we crossed back the following day, we did the two fingerprints but no card.

I have no idea what this might mean as I am a only a visitor (3rd, 3 month visit in 8 years) to Malaysia.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 7:22 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

It all seems to be a bit random. I've got the MM2H visa. Certainly don't need the white landing cards now for MM2Hers. Sometimes I get fingerprinted, sometimes not. Sometimes I get the 2-part stickers, sometimes not. Whatever.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Geremi is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2 year work visa, so I can travel back and forth without worrying about the cards/finger prints etc. You can do it but it just means you get recorded as a social visa. Usually in the system they will check you in and "know" that you should have a card to return back too.

When you are retired, what kind of Visa do you have BakedBean?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

They've stopped giving them out at the border between Malaysia and Singapore too.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bocat
They've stopped giving them out at the border between Malaysia and Singapore too.
Maybe they've just run out of cards again rather than stopped requiring them.
I'm of across the 2nd link tomorrow so will let you know.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Geremi
I have a 2 year work visa, so I can travel back and forth without worrying about the cards/finger prints etc. You can do it but it just means you get recorded as a social visa. Usually in the system they will check you in and "know" that you should have a card to return back too.

When you are retired, what kind of Visa do you have BakedBean?
I've got the MM2H visa (Malaysia My Second Home). There's a few threads about it on this forum.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg
Maybe they've just run out of cards again rather than stopped requiring them.
I'm of across the 2nd link tomorrow so will let you know.

Hi Ex Reg

How did you get on? Did they have them again yesterday?
Old Feb 19th 2012, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

None at 2nd link and they don't know when they'll get them in.
We have a stock ourselves but don't fill in all the details on the cards unless they require white cards.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:06 am
Just Joined

Laurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really nice

Arrived in Penang yesterday and they didn't have any. Got a little strip in my passport but my friend who is travelling with me didn't.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:10 am

Ya it's consistently inconsistent but that's part of Malaysia I guess. Enjoy Penang Bit hazy today.... maybe you can talk with some folks back in Indonesia and stop them lighting those fires uh?