Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Malayan Tiger nearing extinction

Malayan Tiger nearing extinction

Old Jul 29th 2015, 9:12 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Malayan Tiger nearing extinction

Reported in the Star Online that there is likely less than 250 mature tigers in existence now.
Malayan Tiger nearing extinction - Nation | The Star Online
A nice photo on the link of one of them caught on a "camera trap".

I have to confess I didn't even know that there were still tigers hanging around in peninsular Malaysia. According to wikipedia, they inhabit central and southern parts of the peninsular. I am somewhat relieved that I will not just stumble across one in the Penang Botanic Gardens.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malayan Tiger nearing extinction

I used to do a lot of walking through the 'jungle' when working near Desaru in Johor.

Often saw elephant droppings.

One day I was out with a guy who new about wild stuff and he pointed to what were some strange droppings and said that they belonged to a tiger.

I did less jungle walking on my own after that.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 9:44 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 29th 2015, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Reported in the Star Online that there is likely less than 250 mature tigers in existence now.
Malayan Tiger nearing extinction - Nation | The Star Online
A nice photo on the link of one of them caught on a "camera trap".

I have to confess I didn't even know that there were still tigers hanging around in peninsular Malaysia. According to wikipedia, they inhabit central and southern parts of the peninsular. I am somewhat relieved that I will not just stumble across one in the Penang Botanic Gardens.
Don't tell any American dentists, they will come and shoot the poor things.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 5:55 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeonHippy
Don't tell any American dentists, they will come and shoot the poor things.
(but actually not so funny)
Old Aug 10th 2015, 11:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ex reg
I used to do a lot of walking through the 'jungle' when working near Desaru in Johor.

Often saw elephant droppings.

One day I was out with a guy who new about wild stuff and he pointed to what were some strange droppings and said that they belonged to a tiger.

I did less jungle walking on my own after that.
Oh man ! That sounds so ace to be honest

Not that I would go jungle walking as I'd be clueless.

What real chance does the Malayan tiger really have.

It would need for logging to stop to protect what is left of the tiger environment and even then there are the wretched poachers.