Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Looking to sell my used car

Looking to sell my used car

Old Dec 7th 2012, 9:37 am
Just Joined

nitinrustogi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to sell my used car

I am in the process of moving out of KL and looking to sell my used car. As expected , the dealers are offering me ridiculous rates trying to keep a huge spread for themselves as I get to hear a different amount when I enquire the prices for purchase of an equivalent model.

Any suggestions, what might be the best way to advertise the sale to the right target audience ?

Tks in advance.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 10:09 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to sell my used car

Are you targeting any audience in particular? Online is probably the way to go; look at Mudah, Carlist, Autotrader etc. FWIW, you could always try the classifieds on this site.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Thanks.

I am probably looking at expats who are moving to KL and are looking for a family vehicle. The only problem with the portals is that you dont get as many genuine buyers as much as dealers. Classifieds section is a good option and I'll definitely put up the car details there.

Do appreciate your prompt response.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 10:25 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have kids here at international school? There are always cars for sale from people leaving at our school.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 10:29 am
Just Joined

No. So far its just me and my wife.

Thanks.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 1:35 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

If you do Classifieds on here, you can put a link under your forum name. You never know, might get someone on here interested to buy
Old Dec 8th 2012, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nitinrustogi
I am in the process of moving out of KL and looking to sell my used car. As expected , the dealers are offering me ridiculous rates trying to keep a huge spread for themselves as I get to hear a different amount when I enquire the prices for purchase of an equivalent model.

Any suggestions, what might be the best way to advertise the sale to the right target audience ?

Tks in advance.
Here is the link to the car pictures in the classified section :

http://britishexpats.com/classifieds...9&limit=recent

Car is in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Post closed.

The car has been sold.

Thanks all for your suggestions and help.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 6:05 am
Just Joined

emma.jones is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi What car do you have and how much are you looking to sell it for? I am looking at buying a car and toying with buying a new car or a used car?? I am based in Mont Kiara.

Thanks Emma
Old Dec 12th 2012, 7:26 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emma. You might wish to read the post before yours.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:28 am
Just Joined

emma.jones is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i saw that after i posted it DOH!!