leasing a car in KL

Old Oct 7th 2010, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of
Default leasing a car in KL

Can anyone recommend a company to lease a car in KL. We are moving to KL for 2 yr minimum in Dec and need to find transport.
We don't have the cash up front to buy a car (wow they are expensive in Malaysia) and it isn't included in my package, so unless banks lend to expats i guess leasing is my only way to go?
Thanks!
Old Oct 8th 2010, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: leasing a car in KL

Be sure you need one first.

Are they expensive in KL.

How much?
Old Oct 8th 2010, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of

Hi we definately need one as my daughter is going to AISM out by the Mines and we have decided that we want to live out there too. I'll be working in Midvalley and intend to travel in by train, but i'll still need to get to the station.
We were hoping to pay no more than 1500/month. We would buy but i don't know whether we would be eligible for hire purchase or a loan being expats.
Thanks for your help.
Jo
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

I was meaning the cost of buying a car in KL.
In Singapore they ARE expensive but when I last bought a car or rather cars in Malaysia they were quite cheap.
But that word is so relative.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

I was under the impression cars were very expensive in malaysia...perhaps if they aren't we'll rethink buying one.
Thanks, Jo
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:50 am
Account Closed

Picnic is an unknown quantity at this point

The company hiring you should be able to put you in touch with car rental companies.

If you are out in the Mines area and have a partner as well as daughter I would suggest that you will need 2 vehicles, unless your partner is happy to take you to and from the station.

Imported cars are more expensive than domestically produced/assembled cars and you should be able to get a loan with a 20-25% deposit.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 8:30 am
Just Joined

lastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nice

Do most expats drive? Is the public transportation inadequate? What about in Johor Bahru?
Old Oct 12th 2010, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

JB's a bit more 'cowboy town' than KL.
Also Public Transport may be a bit worse in JB, certainly no comparison to Singapore. I haven't really tried Public Transport in JB although I have been to their 'central' bus station at Larkin.
I don't have problems driving in JB although quite a few Singaporeans won't drive there. I am always more careful in JB and it's fingers crossed time when there.