Internet and Phone

Old Apr 7th 2012, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

kennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nice
Default Internet and Phone

Hi,

wife and I hoping to get mm2h shortly..fingers crossed.

Was wondering whats internet access like ..say, in Kedah.

Who are the best ones

and what would you pay per month for a decent phone and internet package?

Thanks

Kenny
Old Apr 8th 2012, 7:08 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet and Phone

Hi Kenny, for the MM2H.

Quite honestly you'd do best talking to the actual providers there or, better still, your neighbours there.

I know in Penang you need to check which providers are best in the particular condo or area you'll be living in. If you're on a high floor, I believe some wireless internet will not work.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

I recon most reliable is TM using copper wire (phone line) I have not had any problems in 2 years now. Downside its not mobile. For mobile I use Celcom wireless broadband as they have best coverage around the country and in fact other telco's rent lines from Celcom. If you don't have a fancy phone to use as a modem...and i don't...Celcom have a ZTE "Verizon" that picks up signal and transmits as wifi. I have had 3 computer tapped into this wifi at once no problems. Price RM299 for the unit.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Scrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really nice

We have just upgraded our Astro package to the IPTV and our Broadband has never been so fast.

We previously were using Telecom who were completely useless and cut us off twice for no reason!

Highly recommend the Astro package. They use fibre optic cabling.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 6:25 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear about Astro broadband who do ftth in condos. We're currently with TM Unifi whose fibre only comes to the riser. Rest is by copper. We've been plagued by poor performance and speeds becoming slower and slower over the last two years