Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Interested in moving to Malaysia

Interested in moving to Malaysia

Old Jun 11th 2015, 9:39 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interested in moving to Malaysia

Hello everyone. Selamat

I and my colleague were talking about Malaysia and it being such a beautiful country how we would love to experience life there at some point. We were discussing how western expats get jobs in Malaysia and how they settle etc etc. However there is not much information on the internet about jobs. My friend says he applied for a few jobs on Linked In (he works in oil and gas on the Corporate side but has a lot of previous experience on up and mid stream projects too) previously but he did not get any responses.

So any pointers on where to start would be greatly appreciated Someone once told me I got to try Malaysia at least once before I die.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 12:49 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interested in moving to Malaysia

There have been a few threads on here from teachers finding jobs in Malaysia. If that is of interest, you could tag on to one of the threads and see how they did it.

When we were running our business, we did some work for various oil and gas companies in Malaysia, but that was by invitation, so not much use to you

Err...how about retiring here?
Old Jun 13th 2015, 3:06 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interested in moving to Malaysia

Originally Posted by bakedbean
There have been a few threads on here from teachers finding jobs in Malaysia. If that is of interest, you could tag on to one of the threads and see how they did it.

When we were running our business, we did some work for various oil and gas companies in Malaysia, but that was by invitation, so not much use to you

Err...how about retiring here?
Thanks for your advice. I will look it up.

I am long way away from retiring. But who knows moving there for work may lead up to retiring there.