Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Importing Car to Malaysia from UK

Importing Car to Malaysia from UK

Old Jan 1st 2014, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

FMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant future
Default Re: Importing Car to Malaysia from UK

Hi
I'm in Malaysia on MM2H from Australia and I brought my car from there. According to the latest information on the MM2H website one has to own the car for only 6 months before MM2H visa approval and you have to apply for the tax free car import permit within 6 months of obtaining the visa. When I came last year it was the same but from memory I couldn't sell the car for 5 years but now that has been reduced to 2 years. Check this out at the official website http://www.mm2h.gov.my/incentive2.php

The process is pretty well explained and its completely duty free. I would recommend you bring the most expensive and in demand car you can afford because you be up on the deal. I had a local guy who did all the running around for me but they are not organised at all and can frustrate the hell out of you. But then I don't know how bad it could be if I had to deal will all the authorities of which there a few.

Hope this helps.