Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Happy Chinese New Year !! what's everyone up to?

Happy Chinese New Year !! what's everyone up to?

Old Jan 30th 2014, 3:00 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Happy Chinese New Year !! what's everyone up to?

I would say Gong Xi Fa Cai but I cannot pronounce it and, in any case, it's against forum rules to write in a foreign language....so I won't

What's everyone up to?

The bakedbeans are not Chinese so no Reunion Dinner for us. I think our plan is to batten down the hatches from today for a few days. No doubt it will be very noisy like most years.

The weekend after next, our condo will have the usual Lion Dance followed by a CNY buffet lunch, and we shall go to that I think.

I made the mistake of going to the market yesterday. When I got back, I had a message in my inbox from a friend who said Don't go the market as everything will be double the price. Mmm received too late. And yes, all the veggies were a horrendous price. Oh well, never mind.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

kennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nice
Default Re: Happy Chinese New Year !! what's everyone up to?

dreaming of england...
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:06 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Really? But why?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

kennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nice

been in M'sia over a year,just havnt really taken to it as yet.

not just M'sia,guess at 54 I've chosen to do nothing too soon.considering going back to ole blighty this year.no idea what to do there really, but just doesnt feel like home here. Sorry to moan
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:19 am

Sorry to hear that Kenny but it's horses for courses isn't it. Maybe Malaysia isn't for you. Must admit, I felt that about Thailand after I moved there. It happens sometimes. Anyway, there's always the option to put it down to a life experience and move on. All the best with your plans and decisions.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

thanks Kaz
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

ruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud of

Gong Xi Fa Cai to you BB. Your plans sound pretty good to me.

We're going to meet some friends this afternoon & have a beer disguised as coffee as our 5yr will be with us. Then have a big relax day tomorrow as the Mr. is off work. Lot's of T.V., food, drink and laughs with a possible dip in the pool.

Over the weekend we'll head out somewhere for food and friends.

Kennyboy33: Hopefully you'll settle soon, or the homesickness will pass.
It took me a long time to settle into the first Country we ever moved to (cca 10yrs ago) but I did in the end.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:37 am

Have a great time Ruby.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

steveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
What's everyone up to?
bakedbean, as it is our first CNY we only know about the official celebrations.
We intend to visit the "Chinese New Year Cultural & Heritage Celebration" on 2nd. Feb.

If there are other interesting events, we would be pleased to hear about them.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Kong hei fat choi
Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by steveMY
bakedbean, as it is our first CNY we only know about the official celebrations.
We intend to visit the "Chinese New Year Cultural & Heritage Celebration" on 2nd. Feb.

If there are other interesting events, we would be pleased to hear about them.
A lot of folks will be visiting Kek Lok Si temple in Air Hitam as it's all lit up for a month. I think traffic will be pretty bad at the moment though.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

With everyone having left the Klang Valley for their hometowns in JB, Penang, Ipoh etc, the city is amazingly quite and stress free! Went on a few errands today and the streets were empty compared to usual rush.

Can't wait to go to KLCC tomorrow with the family and chill. Should be easy access to the city...
Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:54 pm

Well,it certainly ain't quiet here right now. We're getting free fireworks displays looking out our balcony window.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute

gong Xi Fa Cai. Traffic was absolutely horrendous in Melaka yesterday. I don't know about today as I didn't venture out! There have been fireworks going off here pretty much since mid afternoon and still going on now. Although we have a balcony, we don't tend to spend a lot of time on it a) because there are loads of trees along our street and cannot see very much and b) too many pesky mosquitos!

I did pop out for a few minutes earlier to try to take some photographs. Bit difficult knowing when to press the shutter though! Still, plenty of practice at fresh-air shots!
Old Jan 31st 2014, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

roystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond repute

Hey hey hey!

Weird huh?! Considering the fact that firecrackers are actually ban items in Malaysia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.