A few pointers......

Old Jun 8th 2013, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Dorwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A few pointers......

Hi all,

I'm going to be moving over to malaysia next month. I have a job there, my partner is there and I have a place to live. I've been several times, and I love the country, sure it's not perfect but nowhere is.

How easy is it to learn how to drive out there? I've lived and worked in London for a while now, and there was never any real need for me to drive in London, so I never bothered learning. I know the way Malaysians "drive" so i'am aware of the possible dangers of trying to learn over there.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Also, I'm in my early twenties, and looking for an amateur football team in kl that is open to new members. So if you know of any do let me know!

Cheers

Dorwell
Old Jun 8th 2013, 1:18 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few pointers......

Hello Dorwell, just to say welcome to the forum

I imagine learning to drive here would be interesting. Maybe some others can advise.
Old Jun 8th 2013, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Dorwell
I learned how to drive in Penang and still have a licence issued there. It was no problem doing the test but avoiding the rickshaws was the greatest trial...they have no respect for us Gui'lohs...I've been sworn at as 'duleey and cheebuy' and it took great patience to resist the unitary finger response... but I survived.
Ooops that was in 1956....maybe things have changed!!! hahaha.

Sorry ...no intent to be facetious...just in a mood of memorializing.

Have a great time in Malaysia
Old Jun 8th 2013, 11:39 pm
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Ideally you would want to have your UK licence to convert to a Malaysian one. You wont be able to simply convert a Malaysian licence to a UK one upon your return.