Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Facebook will shut down by end of March?

Facebook will shut down by end of March?

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 5:17 am
Banned

stranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nice
Smile Facebook will shut down by end of March?

Guys,

how far true this statement?

it is for real?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Facebook will shut down by end of March?

No...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...work-site.html
Old Mar 4th 2011, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

What a pity its just a hoax....if only it were true. If that twitter bird fell off its perch would also be good.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 5:34 am
Banned

stranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nice

I will be very happy if really FB would shut down..a lots of messed on FB..people just very addicted into it, totally not healhty at all
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:04 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I Don't agree. I find fb saves me time as I don't have to send so many emails to friends and family on my private fb page. Also useful for networking if you've something to sell or promote.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Nah don't like it and get annoyed when it captures a members entire contact list and keeps "inviting" me to join. I have relegated those to immediate spam. I'm just not interested in what someone had for breakfast or last times they wiped their bum. Twitter is worse.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:27 am
Banned

Strider..

you are totally right,
I don't really fancy social stuff ..honestly like ppl have no life such invent themselves for wasted

They really need to grow up instead making friend online...what happend ppl nowadays? I'm sorry...
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of

I find facebook fantastic...especially being away from home. But then I don't have "on-line friends" and just use it for keeping in touch with real life friends and family. Posting photos on facebook is so much easier than sending photos by email which fills up your in box in two seconds flat.
Unfortunately some people seem obsessed by it! My niece must do 50 posts a day...just sneezed....who loves me. Now that is a case for get a real life!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

I guess as I use "gmail" I don't have a problem with clogging up my inbox and if I have quite a number of photos to send to friends, I use picasa and simply send friends the link. But I do find emails are, like letters, more personal and more meaningful. I find facebook and twitter good for voyeurs and I find it shallow....but thats just me and my very old fashioned thinking.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

HK2UK has a spectacular aura aboutHK2UK has a spectacular aura aboutHK2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by stranded traveller
Strider..

you are totally right,
I don't really fancy social stuff ..honestly like ppl have no life such invent themselves for wasted

They really need to grow up instead making friend online...what happend ppl nowadays? I'm sorry...
Because posting on an online internet forum is much better???

FB is just a platform to communicate with others, you do not have to use it to declare what you ate and you are able to choose who you friend and even filter their 'news'.
I never understand why some people boost about how they hate Facebook and how they are not on there...it really isn't a big deal

Lots of people drive and I don't drive, that doesn't mean I think driving is weird and should be limited ! Well I do think there should be more measures to limit driving but not for personal reasons, for eco/polluting reasons but that thought belongs to another thread !

Last edited by HK2UK; Mar 9th 2011 at 4:04 am.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

HK2UK has a spectacular aura aboutHK2UK has a spectacular aura aboutHK2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Strider24
I guess as I use "gmail" I don't have a problem with clogging up my inbox and if I have quite a number of photos to send to friends, I use picasa and simply send friends the link. But I do find emails are, like letters, more personal and more meaningful. I find facebook and twitter good for voyeurs and I find it shallow....but thats just me and my very old fashioned thinking.
It saves a lot of time being able to post a bunch of photos on facebook for a select group of people to see rather than to individually email them all separately especially as Gmail is tedious to attach photos with, FB is much easier as you can batch upload.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi HK2UK,

I did mention that if I have a lot of photos I use picasa and send friends/family the link. However even with gmail I have no problem, as all I need to is hit attachment button, highlight all the photos to upload, press "open" and get on with business as gmail will happily load all selected items in the background.

I take your point about forums, but most are autonomous and somehow is different. Forums don't grab all your contact list then send invites off to all and sundry as FB and similar do...demanding that you accept (in which case you sign up) reject or ignore. Something I find invasive and annoying.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:45 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strider24
Forums don't grab all your contact list then send invites off to all and sundry as FB and similar do...demanding that you accept (in which case you sign up) reject or ignore. Something I find invasive and annoying.
You have to tweek the settings a bit to get it real secure, then you won't get the invasive stuff. I've got several pages. My own private facebook page with high security settings and just for close friends and family - no-one else can see. I find it great to keep up with news as I've got friends/family all over the globe and saves a lot of time. So more time to spend out in the real world

You can use FB in so many different ways. I've got another "open" facebook page which advertises a property that I'm selling. Got a lot of interest as a result of the FB page and it's all FREE advertising - brilliant.

And you may be interested to note that British Expats has a facebook page too.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by HK2UK
Because posting on an online internet forum is much better???

FB is just a platform to communicate with others, you do not have to use it to declare what you ate and you are able to choose who you friend and even filter their 'news'.
I never understand why some people boost about how they hate Facebook and how they are not on there...it really isn't a big deal

Lots of people drive and I don't drive, that doesn't mean I think driving is weird and should be limited ! Well I do think there should be more measures to limit driving but not for personal reasons, for eco/polluting reasons but that thought belongs to another thread !
Have to agree with all you say there
Old Mar 26th 2011, 2:25 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Think about it. Why would a business valued at $50bn just 'shut down'....??!