Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Expatriate Dependent VISA advice

Expatriate Dependent VISA advice

Old May 17th 2015, 7:06 am
Just Joined

janmartha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expatriate Dependent VISA advice

Hi, my boyfriend has been offered an amzing job opportunity in Kuala Lumpur, and he wants to take me with him as his dependent? We've read that this might be possible on limited VISAs (social visit - 3 months, followed by 9 monthly re-applications) but I was wondering if anybody could provide any advice on how difficult this is/ or how likely reapplication for a longer stay is approved? Sorry I know its alot to ask, I was just wondering if anyone had any similar situation.

Thanks
Old May 17th 2015, 9:07 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expatriate Dependent VISA advice

Just to say Welcome to the forum but cannot help you at all. Let's hope someone can give you an answer
Old May 17th 2015, 10:17 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I think you will struggle to get an extension to your 90 day social visit pass, and doubt you can be a dependent unless you are married.

See: Portal Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia - Short Term Social Visit Pass

The Malaysian authorities are running a vigorous campaign against illegal immigration. Don’t overstay your visa, or violate the terms of entry. Even if you overstay for just a few days, you can be fined, detained and deported.

One way is to leave Malaysia after 90 days for say two or three weeks and then re-enter on a new social visit pass. But you would be unwise to do this more than once. Twice maximum, unless there’s a big gap between exit and entry dates.

Many years ago I was offered a fabulous job in Germany and wanted to take my girlfriend with me. She can only stay for 3 months unless she has a job or you are married advised German immigration. So I married her in London in the morning, and we flew to Germany that afternoon. That worked!

Good luck!

JC3
Old May 17th 2015, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, agree with JC3.
To marry is the way to go.
The same rule applies in many countries worldwide.
Old May 17th 2015, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gunnar45
Yes, agree with JC3.
To marry is the way to go.
The same rule applies in many countries worldwide.
Agreed, especially if you are of the Muslim faith.
Here in Indonesia it is common for Arabs to come on holiday to Puncak, south of Jakarta....they get married to a little sweety Indonesian and after the months holiday they have a ceremony to divorce...of course a sum of money is involved but, in no way can that be called prostitution because, that would be haram.
Old May 17th 2015, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Haggis68 has a reputation beyond reputeHaggis68 has a reputation beyond reputeHaggis68 has a reputation beyond reputeHaggis68 has a reputation beyond reputeHaggis68 has a reputation beyond reputeHaggis68 has a reputation beyond reputeHaggis68 has a reputation beyond reputeHaggis68 has a reputation beyond reputeHaggis68 has a reputation beyond reputeHaggis68 has a reputation beyond reputeHaggis68 has a reputation beyond repute

yesh...im in the same boat but i do love her....so i dont mind marrying her and the day is only a few days away....marriage seems to be the step to take removing all hassles. i will be arriving in August with a dependants visa and can stay for as long as her contract is valid.

regards....

maybe the question is how much do you love him? heh heh - good luck.
Old May 17th 2015, 12:25 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Haggis68
maybe the question is how much do you love him? heh heh - good luck.
I'm sure the OP is already asking herself (and her boyfriend) this very question. It's not the best of reasons for tying the knot.