Expat Salary in KL

Old Jul 7th 2010, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of
Default Expat Salary in KL

Hi all,

We currently live in Dubai. I have been approached by the Malaysian government for a senior position. I tried to get an idea of living cost in KL using google but I am still a little bit lost. Do position for western expats come with allowances like here in Dubai? How are salary levels? I took a quick look and the salaries looked very low for international standards. Do Western expats get competitive packages? How much is the income tax?

Sorry for so many questions.

Cheers!
Old Jul 7th 2010, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Salary in KL

Can't help too much except to say in the private sector salaries are competitive and you do get full good packages including all the usual allowances in certain industries.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Hi all,

We currently live in Dubai. I have been approached by the Malaysian government for a senior position. I tried to get an idea of living cost in KL using google but I am still a little bit lost. Do position for western expats come with allowances like here in Dubai? How are salary levels? I took a quick look and the salaries looked very low for international standards. Do Western expats get competitive packages? How much is the income tax?

Sorry for so many questions.

Cheers!
Klaus...pop into Dubai Mall or MoE and pick up the Explorer Guide to KL for about 80 Dh. I've got one and it is a wealth of info if you are looking to relocate.

sf
Old Jul 7th 2010, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Klaus...pop into Dubai Mall or MoE and pick up the Explorer Guide to KL for about 80 Dh. I've got one and it is a wealth of info if you are looking to relocate.

sf
Thanks. I just ordered it online. They have a 50% off on all titles during the summer. I guess business is slow during this time of the year. I am still trying to figure out the appropriate salary level for the position I am been offered.