Reload this Page >

Driving from Desa Sri Hartamas to Garden International

Driving from Desa Sri Hartamas to Garden International

Old Sep 3rd 2012, 7:10 am
Just Joined

emma.jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving from Desa Sri Hartamas to Garden International

Hi There

We are looking at places to live in Desa Sri Hartamas and Sri Hartamas, and we are looking to put our daughter into School at Garden International, if living in either of these places would i get caught up in any traffic, which i've heard is a nightmare in some places?

Old Sep 3rd 2012, 10:25 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving from Desa Sri Hartamas to Garden International

You will get caught in traffic everyday in MK getting to and from the Garden School - no way around it unless you're within walking distance or your kids get the bus.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:26 am
Just Joined

How old do you have to be do get the bus? My Daughter will be only 5!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:31 am
ajw

ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Check with the school. I have heard horror stories about the traffic there - one of the reasons I went with AS.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Not sure id be happy about putting her on a bus on her own at such a young age in such a foreign country to what were used to. Wouldn't mind if she was older and we had been there a few years. How bad is the traffic, what time does rush hour start and finish in the morning? Whats AS? Its difficult to know what to do, live in MOnt Kiara to beat the traffic but i have heard its not really for families or live in Sri Hartamas or Desa which is for families and get stuck in terrible traffic! ARGH! All this when ive never even visited the country! My Husband flies out in 3 weeks and will be looking at some apartments so hopefully he can suss it out!

Thanks x
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:51 am
ajw

AS = Alice Smith

Loads of families live in MK but its mostly condo style accommodation.

The traffic jam around the school is caused by a poorly designed road network in Mont Kiara and really builds up around drop off and pick up times - so exactly those times you will be there, I'm afraid.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Ah great! So i suppose if you wanna avoid the traffic then living in Mont Kiara is the best option? But i'm finding its also an expensive option! You get a lot more for your money in places like desa sri hartamas.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:59 am
ajw

Yes, I think its the compromise you have to make. Get more house for your money but deal with more traffic... Trust me, living here, you'll get used to it.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:32 pm
Serial Expat

lizp123 is just really nicelizp123 is just really nicelizp123 is just really nicelizp123 is just really nicelizp123 is just really nicelizp123 is just really nicelizp123 is just really nicelizp123 is just really nice

Hi there, what have you decided on in the end? We're moving out to KL in Feb and have a 3 year old daughter. I want to put her in the GIS but the EYC is in Desa Sri Hartamas not in Mont Kiara so was wondering if it's better and cheaper for us to stay there for the first couple of years?!