Desa Park City - KL

Old May 15th 2012, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

LavenderAMH is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Desa Park City - KL

Hi. We are moving to KL in aug and our children are going to BSKL. We are looking to live in Desa park city. We have looked at the web site and it looks amazing. Any advice about this area and the different townships would be so helpful. Many thanks
Old May 18th 2012, 9:48 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desa Park City - KL

Hi Lavender and a belated welcome to the forum.

You'll find there's lots and lots of folks moving to KL for work at the moment. Have a browse through all the threads and maybe tag on to one of the existing ones, especially if you don't get a response to this thread.

Happy planning
Old May 18th 2012, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for your advice bakedbean. I will keep looking. I am finding the BE community so helpful and have learnt lots from other peoples posts so far. Fantastic. Many thanks for your warm welcome. Roll on Aug, we cant wait!
Old May 20th 2012, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

sgill66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Desa Park City - KL

Originally Posted by LavenderAMH
Hi. We are moving to KL in aug and our children are going to BSKL. We are looking to live in Desa park city. We have looked at the web site and it looks amazing. Any advice about this area and the different townships would be so helpful. Many thanks
Hi lavender
We are also moving to KL in July/August and have found a place in Desa Park City (husband already there) and have a daughter who will be 6 in July and starting at BSKL in September! I am going to have a look around next weekend so will repot back.

Sam
Old May 20th 2012, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

That is fantastic news. I hope you have a great trip and I look forward to hearing how it goes. We were hoping to move into one of the neighbourhoods with houses around a pool, we particularly like the look of Zenia but it is hard to tell on the internet. We had the debate - condo verses house and felt that it might be quite a culture shock for us moving to a condo as we are used to living in the country and have never lived in a city before, with children. Today we also thought of looking at Tropicana, as it is nearer to BSKL I think. I am finding it really difficult to make a decision from the other side of the world!
Have a great trip and it is lovely to chat with you. Best wishes
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Hi there

Well since I last emailed you I have arrived in Desa parkcity having looked at it and decided of all the places we viewed it was the most child and dog friendly! Have you moved out here yet?

Sam
Old Jul 30th 2012, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Desa Park City - KL

Originally Posted by sgill66
Hi there

Well since I last emailed you I have arrived in Desa parkcity having looked at it and decided of all the places we viewed it was the most child and dog friendly! Have you moved out here yet?

Sam
Hi Sam
Great to hear from you. My husband has been out to KL and has found us a house in ADIVA. It all looks beautiful. Looking forward to coming out mid august and moving in once we have some furnishings! Hope you are enjoying KL. Best wishes
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 1:03 am
Just Joined

Kate67 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are new to KL -moving into a house in Desa Park City in a couple of weeks as two children (5 and 7) enrolled at the school there. Have you come across any already-organised meet-ups in the area or have any suggestions re the best places/ways to meet up with other women/mums? Thanks.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 1:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LavenderAMH
Hi Sam
Great to hear from you. My husband has been out to KL and has found us a house in ADIVA. It all looks beautiful. Looking forward to coming out mid august and moving in once we have some furnishings! Hope you are enjoying KL. Best wishes
Hi there

Sorry I haven't responded sooner it's been a crazy few weeks unpacking containers and sorting house which you will be doing shortly if you haven't yet arrived! Hope your move goes well and no doubt bump into you soon if your children are on the bus to BSKL.

Sam
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

ThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud of

fyi there's a big expat community in Mont Kiara which is quite convenient also.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Euroside is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
We lived the 3 of us (wife and Kid) in Desa Park City - Nadia while we were in Malaysia from 2007 till 2010.
It's a nice familly frienldy place place, and the sport facility at the lake is good as well.
Enjoy KL and Malaysia it's a fantastic country.
Other areas would be Bukit Damansara or eventually Bangsar.
Avoid Mont Kiara if you are a familly
Old Sep 18th 2012, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Gilbb8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kate67
We are new to KL -moving into a house in Desa Park City in a couple of weeks as two children (5 and 7) enrolled at the school there. Have you come across any already-organised meet-ups in the area or have any suggestions re the best places/ways to meet up with other women/mums? Thanks.
I've moved to KL two weeks ago. My wife and 5th old Daughter are coming out in October. We too ave enrolled our daughter at Desa Park International School and looking for a suitably area to live. Any ideas! Thanks.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Kate67 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think all of the areas in Desa Park City are nice but couldn't say with authority I'm afraid and am still not familiar with all the surrounding areas. Best way is to get an estate agent to show you round lots of places in close proximity to the school. Try iProperty if you haven't already.

Last edited by Kate67; Sep 19th 2012 at 5:01 am.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Gilbb8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the response. I'm heading to the school on Saturday and meeting up with an agent afterwards. A work colleague advised to look at the waterfront or Adiva. Good luck.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Tali_KL is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondered how you all got on with your move?

We came over in October.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.