Reload this Page >

British Wife in Malaysia

British Wife in Malaysia

Old Oct 12th 2014, 10:57 am
Just Joined

uzairjawed010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Wife in Malaysia

Hi,

I am currently on work permit here in KL on a Software Engineer role. My wife will be coming to Malaysia from UK in july 2015. She is working as a teacher in London. Can she work in a british school here in malaysia? If yes, can she show officially her earning in UK if we go back to London?

Thanks.
Old Oct 12th 2014, 12:06 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Wife in Malaysia

Yes, if the school can get her an employment visa.
Not sure what you mean by the second question.
Old Oct 12th 2014, 12:57 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uzairjawed010
Hi,
. My wife will be coming to Malaysia from UK in july 2015. She is working as a teacher in London.
Just to say Welcome to the forum. Crikey that's a long time apart . Hope she can sort something out.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 5:53 am
Just Joined

sendomike is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as you have an employment visa, there is no problem finding work in Malaysia
Best of luck!
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud of

What does she teach? There are loads of British curriculum schools here. It depends on whether it's a subject / KS needed.

They recruit between now and Dec for next year. I applied Sept/Oct 2013 for appointment Aug 2014.

Maybe a speculative application wouldn't hurt - as sometimes people need to leave mid-year (personal circumstances change!)

Good luck both!
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sendomike
As long as you have an employment visa, there is no problem finding work in Malaysia
Best of luck!
I have a job (appointed in Dec 2013 and i'm still waiting for the visa (application submitted Feb/March 2014) - sometimes the Malaysian way plods...

The appointing school will apply for the visa, as I'm told the visa, comes with the job rather than you have a visa and then apply for a job. You can come in from UK on a 90 day traveller visa and do a visa run until you have your approved work visa. But you cant be paid, employed etc until you have a work visa for your specific job.

Alternatively, she comes on your visa as a dependent of yours and then she is okay to live here and apply when ready.

L
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by uzairjawed010
Hi,

If yes, can she show officially her earning in UK if we go back to London?

Thanks.
Not sure what this means... If she has her pay slips she can show here earnings when she returns.

If, because in teaching we need to justify our spinal MPS point, then I cant see why not. This is typically based on the number of years we have worked post PGCE.

However, in the current climate in the UK and the need to have performance related pay then she will need to demonstrate that she can meet the needs of the MPS Standards to achieve the MPS or UPS point. Therefore when anyone joins a new school they need to justify their worth rather than the old-fashioned 'Im a MPS 6, pay up' style we were used to.

Once again, following my barrage of messages, Good Luck both