The Beer Thread

Old May 26th 2016, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Beer Thread

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Gosh I bought a six pack of beer today and it was only RM 31.90. Looks like the reason for moving beer into the wine section is that you now have to pay for beer in that section (along with the wine and pork). So, no more paying for beer at the general check-out. That's what the lady told me
That is mostly how it works in that Tesco. But sometimes they don't have staff to man the cash register. In those cases you have to pay at the regular cash register. Don't forget to hold up the goods in the air for the barcode scanner, as the staff is not willing to touch the items.
Old May 26th 2016, 10:17 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Beer Thread

Originally Posted by SushiFan
That is mostly how it works in that Tesco. But sometimes they don't have staff to man the cash register. In those cases you have to pay at the regular cash register. Don't forget to hold up the goods in the air for the barcode scanner, as the staff is not willing to touch the items.
For anyone not quite following, what we are talking about here is Tesco in Tanjung Tokong Penang where Pork products and now (all) Alcohol are sold within an enclosed area. That enclosed area is manned my non-muslim staff and has its own cash till where you pay for those products.

I have not had any problems with muslim cashiers in Tesco or Cold Storage scanning and handling alcohol themselves at the main check out. But I don't put any pork products on the conveyor belt, holding them up in the air like SushiFan recommends.

JC3