The Beer Thread

Old Jan 17th 2014, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

TikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Beer Thread

I'm quite surprised that want of posts related to Ale!

Anyone know any places that sell IPAs or Adnams in KL?
Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TikkaMasala
I'm quite surprised that want of posts related to Ale!

Anyone know any places that sell IPAs or Adnams in KL?

Again, please keep us informed.

Lou
Old Jan 19th 2014, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

TikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to behold

After some hunting around KL and networking with my expat friends, I was directed to this place: http://tapsbeerbar.my/thetaplist.html

Still haven't checked it out yet but will do so over the next few days while I have some bandwidth before starting work.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:43 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey those Happy Hour prices seem rather unhappy...what prices
Old Jan 20th 2014, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Yeah they're a bit steep but I don't know anywhere else that serves ale; they're probably milking the market for all its worth before someone else gets the same idea.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 2:53 pm
Now a MM2Her.

Scuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond repute

I was very surprised, and delighted, to find some Tetleys FreeFlow in Port Dickson Giant just before Christmas. Very good they were too!
Old Jan 26th 2014, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Went to Taps yesterday. Enjoyed an IPA and smoked beer.

Place was packed and a live band was playing the best of The Police and the Beatles; was a bit surreal seeing and hearing the (very well sung!) words being crooned by a 50-odd year old Chinese man.

In terms of the environment it's only noisy if you're seated inside where you'll get the full brunt of the live band; the seated areas outside are cooled by large fans and are quiet enough for you to have a good conversation without raising your voice.

Pictures attached.

Old Jan 26th 2014, 2:45 pm
Now a MM2Her.

Scuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond repute

Stop it! I'm back in a dry country! 😭
Sounds like a good venue though, thanks for the report.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:59 am
Just Joined

LolliesKL is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

Saw this thread and it's exciting!

Sadly Malaysia's beer brewing market is monopolised by the two big (we know who they are) due to the limitation on brewing license issued. The rest of the beer labels are basically imported stuff.

There are 4 places in Klang Valley for craft beer but two sells IPA: Taps and Ales&Lagers in Publika. The latter one is where you can buy and bring home but they have a few tables and chairs you can sit and do testers.

The other two are Bruxale in Bangsar Telawi 3 and Beer Junction in Sunsuria Avenue, Kota Damansara. The former sells beer from Brussels and later English beer labels.

Hope this one helps.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Anyone up for being my business partner? Thinking of setting up an ale brewery in Malaysia!
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Anyone up for being my business partner? Thinking of setting up an ale brewery in Malaysia!
Hmm... I think your first obstacle is getting the brewing licence!

http://thirstmag.com/feature/beer/be...a-Beer-History

Looks like they have stopped giving out brewing licence since 2005.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud ofLou_from_Corby has much to be proud of

Hubby home brews in the UK. Says yes, but not too sure he'll have room in suitcase for hops... in competition with my shoe collection.

Looking forward to many things about our move to KL this summer but not the cost of Real ale.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Not sure if these licenses are commercial licenses or local brewer-type licenses.

Will ask around.

Lou, it's an idea in the making; a castle in the air at this point of time.

However if you and your partner should fancy a lager or an ale at any point during your time here hit me up!
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Not sure if these licenses are commercial licenses or local brewer-type licenses.

Will ask around.

However if you and your partner should fancy a lager or an ale at any point during your time here hit me up!
Yep... a pint of ale sound great
Old Jan 29th 2014, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Will ask around.

Commercial license is the only one available in Malaysia. There is no need for any license if you brew at home. It's in the culture of aboriginal people to brew rice wine, we call it tuak.

You can get a Cooper brewing kit in Singapore iBrew and bring it back. Though, the tank is massive!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.