Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Your next holiday.

Your next holiday.

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:19 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your next holiday.

Where you off to this year.

I am going with my 2 mates in July, one has a very nice camper for a 6 week tour starting in France and very slowley driving to Monaco South of France, into Italy and very slowley up through Switzerland Austria Germany and finishing in Holland, should be ready for a good rest after that lot
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your next holiday.

Wow, what a great trip, wish it was me.

I'm going to Niagara Falls with my mother for her 65th birthday in July (her choice of place). We are also visiting New York City. She hasn't been to either so should be lots of fun.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:51 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Your next holiday.

Hoping to get to Japan. Might have to be next year though. Somewhere I've always wanted to go.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Going home for a month July - August and actually taking the DH with me this time. Not sure what we will do when we are there - have to fit in a trip to friends in Yorkshire, the aged rellies diamond wedding anniversary and a quick flick over to Somerset to see another friend plus a few days in London. It will be over too soon I fear. Then I am planning on going home again in December for at least a couple of weeks. Every trip is still very people related rather than just going somewhere for the scenery.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:16 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to Lido-de-Jeslo, Italy at the end of July. Easy hop over to Venice, great beach, can't wait.
Booked a "Luxury" 3 bed mobile home, cabin thingy for £2000 for 2 weeks.
Flights £600 including taxes for 4 on a British Airways scheduled flight with a fully flexable ticket, which I thought was pretty good.

Kevin
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:34 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

I'm HOPING my holiday this year will be the trip back . . . but we'll see. I'm very, very cautiously optimistic that I've got a buyer for my mobile home, and once it's sold, I can start figuring out how to do the return. Me and two large dogs . . .

Not going to count my chickens before they're hatched. Not going to do it.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:21 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast View Post
Where you off to this year.

I am going with my 2 mates in July, one has a very nice camper for a 6 week tour starting in France and very slowley driving to Monaco South of France, into Italy and very slowley up through Switzerland Austria Germany and finishing in Holland, should be ready for a good rest after that lot
Damn! You have made me so jealous.

For our honeymoon we drove right through France along the riveria and all around Monaco.
We have decided that will be our next holiday but visit different towns and do just what you are and extending it through Italy.

Wont be happening for a couple of years though as we havent escaped the dust bowl yet
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:00 pm
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum View Post
Damn! You have made me so jealous.

For our honeymoon we drove right through France along the riveria and all around Monaco.
We have decided that will be our next holiday but visit different towns and do just what you are and extending it through Italy.

Wont be happening for a couple of years though as we havent escaped the dust bowl yet
Had some great holidays in the S O F and Italy as a kid, loved it. When my dad died, mum had already been gone a few years, I went back to Venice for a long weekend in their memory. It was just what I needed at the time.

We are going this summer for two weeks, really looking forward to it.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahInTX View Post
I'm HOPING my holiday this year will be the trip back . . . but we'll see. I'm very, very cautiously optimistic that I've got a buyer for my mobile home, and once it's sold, I can start figuring out how to do the return. Me and two large dogs . . .

Not going to count my chickens before they're hatched. Not going to do it.
didn't know you were seriously planning on returning....good luck and best to start the PETS procedure if not already

we don't plan our hols ahead....guess that's the only non-british thing about me.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Off to Gran Canaria in 10 days time for a couple of weeks.....we always have a break in the sun during the UK winter.

G
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

Argentina for 2 weeks at end of April and probably somewhere else October/November time.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:35 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

We're flying back to Gatwick this summer on our freebie compensation return tickets we got last year after our flight was over booked last summer.

Am thinking we might do something different and go to Paris via eurostar, maybe go to Rome too. Would like to do something we would be unable to do if we had to pay for the air fares too.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Our next 'holiday' will be the journey home to the UK!

After that, I think I won't want to leave those shores for a bit, so trips to Cornwall and to see family in Scotland will be on the cards....

After that, like others have said, I'd like to do the France/Italy tours.... think our kids are old enough now to not always have to do the kiddy type hols..

I shouldn't wish my life away... but... it can't come soon enough for me!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:51 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit View Post
....best to start the PETS procedure if not already
Heh. I started the PETS thing back in 2006! I thought that I had a buyer for the mobile home then, but it didn't pan out and here I still am. I checked with DEFRA and was told that as long as the rabies vaccination has been kept current, I don't need to get another blood titer done and wait another 6 months, so I believe we're good to go pretty much any time.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:01 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

What's a holiday???

I think I'm weird. I don't like going on holiday. The best one I ever went on was 10 days in Southern Ireland. Such a beautiful place, and I got to swim with the wild dolphin that lives there. Well, I got to swim around the bay while it brushed up against everyone's legs and scared us to death!

I've been to various other places around the world and I couldn't wait to go home after a couple of days.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.