Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Would you have handed it in ?

Would you have handed it in ?

Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all
Default Would you have handed it in ?

After travelling for 22 hrs (inc transfers etc) I very foolishly left my purse in the seat in front of me on the plane. I didn't realise until we were on the motorway home. I was gutted to say the least and a harsh lesson has been learnt - the purse was an expensive present, contained all my cards & £200 in cash. I immediately cancelled my cards, wrote off the money but was really hoping to get the purse back. After speaking to the airline straight away they said it was unlikely the cleaners would have found it as I had pushed it right down (i couldn't get to my bag so thought safest place in case I fell asleep) and my best chance would have been if the next passenger found it and handed it in.

Would you have taken the cash and handed it in or thought stupid foolish woman serves her right, emptied the wallet and then dumped it ?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:40 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Would you have handed it in ?

For me Karma dicdates that I would have handed it in.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:51 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reading fan View Post
After travelling for 22 hrs (inc transfers etc) I very foolishly left my purse in the seat in front of me on the plane. I didn't realise until we were on the motorway home. I was gutted to say the least and a harsh lesson has been learnt - the purse was an expensive present, contained all my cards & £200 in cash. I immediately cancelled my cards, wrote off the money but was really hoping to get the purse back. After speaking to the airline straight away they said it was unlikely the cleaners would have found it as I had pushed it right down (i couldn't get to my bag so thought safest place in case I fell asleep) and my best chance would have been if the next passenger found it and handed it in.

Would you have taken the cash and handed it in or thought stupid foolish woman serves her right, emptied the wallet and then dumped it ?

So why couldn't the airline check to see if it was still there, after all they could easily find the seat you were sitting in?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

I phoned within an hour of leaving the aircraft with all my seat details and they said nothing was handed in and could only rely on another passenger handing it in
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:10 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

I phoned within an hour of leaving the aircraft with all my seat details and they said nothing was handed in and could only rely on another passenger handing it in
Crazy! That is so like an airline, they do so little to help their customers...

I hope you get it back
Old Aug 18th 2011, 3:41 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I would absolutely have handed it in. £200.00, in a purse belonging to someone who can be clearly identified? Only an utter cnut wouldn't hand that in. It's not like it is a fiver blowing in the breeze in the street - that's fair game, but keeping any amount of money in a purse or wallet is inexcusable. Once after a New Years Eve gig I gave a very drunk couple who were friends of the bar owner a lift home and the girl left her purse in my car but had only her drivers license and no phone numbers in it. I jumped through hoops to find her but I did, and luckily as she was due back to uni very shortly afterwards! But I'm nice like that. I'd hope whoever found your purse would do the same and you get it back. Best of luck.

Which airline by the way? Name and shame - go on
Old Aug 18th 2011, 3:45 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have turned it in because I would be too afraid that it was a set-up, and being filmed, and I would end up on youtube
Old Aug 18th 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

UNITED !! Never again - had 4 flights with them and all rubbish - the rudest staff ever

As far as ID - the wallet had my drivers licence in with full name and address - I googled myself to see how easy I could be found with the details they had - top the page full tel no etc came up.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 4:14 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

UNITED !! Never again - had 4 flights with them and all rubbish - the rudest staff ever
HA! If I was running a book I'd have had them as favourites. I've heard nothing but bad reports abouth them but I haven't flown them myself. If they're worse than American Airlines though they must be bad
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:01 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Would have handed it in myself..but.... shows up that the airlines don't clean the planes very well... this is also a a reason to be unfashionable when flying and resort to the old bum bag or the hang it round the neck wallet. I really hope you get lucky and it is returned.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:06 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Just noticed it involves the scum at Untied airlines ... so I guess your screwed... sorry.

After my experience with them recently, I would not trust them to even know that you flew with them.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:14 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

handed it in, no question. I aint no teef yo
Old Aug 18th 2011, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

I would hand it in. It makes you wonder though about their cleaners, they don't check to the bottom of the seat pockets ? ewww thats where nasty snot rags end up now i'll never put anything in a seat pocket again. The unfortunate truth of the matter is the cleaning staff probably pocket anything they find and the airlines don't want to cause problems by even asking if the likes of a wallet or purse had been found. Someone got a nice little bonus that day eh ?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that those cleaners probably barely make minimum wage I'm not surprised nobody handed it in.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Personally,yes,I couldn't live with myself if I didn't!....I'm one of those people who've never even gotten off a bus without at least leaving my busfare in the conductors little 'cubby-hole'!......to be honest, I wouldn't even have looked inside the bag for an address or phone number without a 'witness'!!!...my conscience would kill me otherwise!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.