Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Why Are So Many People Afraid Of Mexicans?

Why Are So Many People Afraid Of Mexicans?

Old Jul 20th 2010, 5:31 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Are So Many People Afraid Of Mexicans?

Originally Posted by sir_eccles View Post
They don't generally choose these places. The Somalis and other similar groups such as Sudanese Lost Boys etc are mostly political refugees who have come to the US in fairly organized groups. The organizing party being some US department who does the choosing of the location where they are settled. What generally happens is that one of these spots becomes better organized than the others so they all congregate in the one place.
I know. They were taken too a few other States but a lot ended up moving to Maine after they had moved to whatever State the Government settled them in.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 8:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye View Post
Wow, look at you guys - how tolerant and enlightened you all are. Pats on the back all round.

People aren't afraid of Mexicans. They're annoyed that they don't respect the law. Denver is a "sanctuary" city, as is Boulder. As such, there's two-tier policing and judicial system.
If a US citizen or permanent resident gets pulled over for doing something naughty, that person will go through the system and be punished. Illegals usually get the walk because it's too difficult to process them.

And consequently, we get cases like the heroin dealer with a long history of arrests who was plea bargained to agricultural trespass by Governor Bill Ritter. The perp then raped a kid.
Another case is Danny Hernandez, an illegal from Guatemala, who smashed into an ice cream shop, killing three, including a child. He fled the scene.

There's loads of cases like these. A case in the news is that of Robert Wallace, 82, who shot at two illegals who tried to run him over when they were trying to steal his trailer. The illegals, who have a long history of stealing, including stealing an 65,000 piece of heavy equipment, were not arrested, even though they admitted to the crime. (They have been now after a huge public furore. Yes the 82 is the one facing the serious jail time.
Ridiculous.

I'd like to know how you would feel when you get side-swiped by a poorly maintained pick-up truck, and then the driver takes off because he is illegal and doesn't have insurance.

Or how your insurance costs go up because illegals don't pay for ER services, but the medical staff are ethically bound to treat people.
Clinics and hospitals in border towns are closing or have closed, because they can't keep eating the costs of treating illegals. The local residents suffer. It's a fact. Look it up.

The righteous smugness that exudes from some people on this forum is cloying. Disliking illegal aliens is not the same as disliking the people. It's not racist to be annoyed over illegal immigration.
Death Match Snares Brit Impostor at BWI
Feds Arrest Baltimore Resident for Allegedly Stealing Dead American’s Identity

Federal authorities arrested British citizen John Skelton at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport on Monday night on charges of identity fraud, false statements, and being an impostor to a U.S. citizen.

“Stealing another person’s identity is a very serious crime, but stealing the identity of a deceased citizen is despicable,” said Stephen Dearborn, CBP acting port director for the Port of Baltimore. “CBP and Diplomatic Security Service officials work vigorously to bring impostors to justice and to protect American citizens’ identities. We are very pleased to end Mr. Skelton’s charade.”
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna View Post

Federal authorities arrested British citizen John Skelton
Quite the appropriate surname

Was his new first name Red?
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:25 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Federal authorities arrested British citizen John Skelton at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport on Monday night on charges of identity fraud, false statements, and being an impostor to a U.S. citizen.

“Stealing another person’s identity is a very serious crime, but stealing the identity of a deceased citizen is despicable,” said Stephen Dearborn, CBP acting port director for the Port of Baltimore. “CBP and Diplomatic Security Service officials work vigorously to bring impostors to justice and to protect American citizens’ identities. We are very pleased to end Mr. Skelton’s charade.”
What's your point, Mo? Illegals can be non-hispanic? Of course. The biggest exposure I had to illegals was working for a moving company that employed lots of Lithuanian illegals. That pissed me off too.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:30 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand the problem. The guy is dead, it's not like he's using his identity any more. There I was thinking recycling was a good thing.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

So, if a person steals the identity of somebody whose family has been here several generations ... is still permitted to call himself British-American?
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:52 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

I think more Americans are afraid of Arabs than Mexicans
Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:06 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Arabs, or Muslims?

What do you think of the mosque being built next to Ground Zero?
While it's legal, I would have hoped they'd have the good grace to build it somewhere else.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:26 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Arabs, or Muslims?

While it's legal, I would have hoped they'd have the good grace to build it somewhere else.
Arabs. I see Arabs dressed in regular American get up at work sometimes, everybody gets silent like they expect something to happen.

I don't really care. First off i don't like the idea of any religion spreading or expanding, its all bullshit to me. The real question to me is, did somebody get the idea to build a mosque near ground zero just to anger people ? I want to know whos funding its construction.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
I'm personally sick of all these so-called "Mexican-Americans" pretending to be something their not - eating out at Taco Bell
As long as they have their Hep A vaccine, its all good.....
Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17 View Post
I think more Americans are afraid of Arabs than Mexicans
I think you may be right, Young Steve.

I'm thinking the Americans see the Mexicans as the Brits see Pakistanis, Polish immigrants, or whomever is coming in to the country at the moment.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:33 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa View Post
I think you may be right, Young Steve.

I'm thinking the Americans see the Mexicans as the Brits see Pakistanis, Polish immigrants, or whomever is coming in to the country at the moment.
Spot on same difference.
Having said that I have Mexican friends but I sure as hell won't go to Ceres the other side of Modesto alone now that is scary its flippen gang land.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 11:33 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303 View Post
I know. They were taken too a few other States but a lot ended up moving to Maine after they had moved to whatever State the Government settled them in.
I remember reading an article about it in Yankee magazine a few years back. Toilets were a marvel to them.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 4:01 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Substitue any state you want, but I live in upstate NY. An unusual number of people are concerned about Mexicans. And considering I'm a short drive from Canada the intensity of worry is a little odd to me.

Why?
It's the moustaches - never trust a 'tash
Old Jul 21st 2010, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

We were listening to this on the news last night...apparently the NY Mayor is all in favor (Is it re-election time?)

Hubby said, wonder how it would go down if the white christians wanted to build a glass cathedral inside of Mecca?

Personally, I think it's ridiculous to allow it. Those families of the lost on 911 should not have that staring them in the face so close to ground zero

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.