Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What are you watching right now?

What are you watching right now?

Old Jan 12th 2022, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you watching right now?

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
We made it through season 1, and are half-way through season 2. I'm totally not getting the point, but 'she who controls the remote' is enjoying the spectacle of it, so wants to see it through. It just seems like 'a lot of stuff happens', with no apparent character development or overall purpose. I know this is par for the course on a 'fantasy' show, but still ...
I thought the last episode of WOT was a bit of a disappointment, I have just been “advised” to watch The Call with Jake Glyenhall which is getting rave reviews at work and also The Guilty. I do know what you mean about The Witcher
Old Jan 13th 2022, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

We were just watching Army of One on Amazon Prime. It was better than I expected it to be.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 2:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The Green Planet. David Attenborough. Absolutely brilliant.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16986646/reference
Old Jan 17th 2022, 12:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Watched 4 eps of The Serpent last night. True story of a serial killer in the 70’s. Took a bit if getting into but worth it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7985576/reference

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 18th 2022 at 1:17 am. Reason: Wrong decade
Old Jan 17th 2022, 2:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Stay Close…2021 UK drama shown on Netflix, 8 eps.

Woman’s past catches up with her.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2201227/reference

I started watching that last night. Not bad so far.

Watched "Small Island" on BritBox. Very enlightening about how things were just after WWII in the UK with the influx of Black UK Citizens from Jamaica.
Old Jan 18th 2022, 5:11 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
Watched "Small Island" on BritBox. Very enlightening about how things were just after WWII in the UK with the influx of Black UK Citizens from Jamaica.
This is best read . The original book is by Andrea Levy (2004) and is called Small Island. The book was adapted by Helen Edmundson to an acclaimed UK National Theatre play . I have not seen this play. I would very much like to.

It has come to be synonymous with the "Windrush Generation" . My husband's aunt married a "Windrush". Several of his first cousins are 2nd, 3rd and even now 4th generation. They have the most wonderful names too. Husband went to school with 2nd generation "Windrush" My Dad , being a Londoner, had two great "Windrush" pals before moving away from The Smoke & my first cousins grew up with rich multi-culture on their doorstep. All this back in a time when it was also "Irish Need Not Apply" also. There again we were all either from the slums in a way or housed via the councils. Proper lower working class . Dorset was somewhat behind in all of this. Hence why I & my family got so stuffed for having an Irish immigrant mother.

You liked the tv programme - read the book.

Old Jan 22nd 2022, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Check out Ozark. About a Chicago family getting unwilling involved with drug cartel. Newly released fourth season on Netflix.
Old Jan 22nd 2022, 2:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by ddsrph View Post
Check out Ozark. About a Chicago family getting unwilling involved with drug cartel. Newly released fourth season on Netflix.

I enjoyed the previous series, will start this one tonight.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/reference
Old Jan 22nd 2022, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I enjoyed the previous series, will start this one tonight.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/reference
I just watched the last episode of Ozarks. Hopefully they will renew. I read somewhere that the Lake of the Ozarks has a shoreline longer than the California pacific coast.
Old Jan 22nd 2022, 10:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by ddsrph View Post
I just watched the last episode of Ozarks. Hopefully they will renew. I read somewhere that the Lake of the Ozarks has a shoreline longer than the California pacific coast.
It is supposed to be the final series. I hope it lives up to the previous series. So many seem to run out of good storylines. I was disappointed in the latest series of Yellowstone and Succession.
Old Jan 29th 2022, 2:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone up for Pam & Tommy?

Pam & Tommy: Disney’s sex tape tale makes for outrageous and unmissable TV
Old Jan 29th 2022, 5:56 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clonker View Post
I just binged the first half of season 4 of Ozark. It did not disappoint. I think it's one of the best original series Netflix has put out.
This is very much on my list. I thoroughly enjoyed the first three seasons so I am looking forward to getting stuck into this.

I would also agree with your second point, regarding Netflix originals. It's right up there. I think my favourite is still Dark, even though it's such a wildly different kind of story being told. Can't recommend it highly enough.
Old Jan 30th 2022, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

We started watching 'The Witcher' on Netflix; seems to be a huge hit, but we are underwhelmed so far. I started nodding off during episode 3 so not sure whether we will keep going with it or not. Haven't seen any references to it here ... is it worth the effort?
We made it through season 1, and are half-way through season 2. I'm totally not getting the point, but 'she who controls the remote' is enjoying the spectacle of it, so wants to see it through. It just seems like 'a lot of stuff happens', with no apparent character development or overall purpose. I know this is par for the course on a 'fantasy' show, but still ...
We finally finished The Witcher, and it was not bad, taken as a whole. In fact, the g/f wanted to watch it again from the beginning, and I have to say, once you understand some of the timelines/storylines, it's quite good. For reasons unknown, they chose to really jumble up the timeline and this made it very hard to follow, first time through. Seems to be a trend with some shows, to jump around the timeline to make it more 'sophisticated'. Anyway, I wouldn't have chosen to watch it but having done so, I can't say it was too bad!
Old Feb 1st 2022, 11:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Season 3 of Belgian/Dutch series Undercover. Netflix.
I wasn't sure how well it was going to work this time but no worries, it definitely does.
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Season 3 of Belgian/Dutch series Undercover. Netflix.
I wasn't sure how well it was going to work this time but no worries, it definitely does.
Will take a look at Season 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.