Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jun 26th 2013, 9:28 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
You may well be right. In-person interview this Friday. I shall have to throw a sickie, since there is a "team meeting" on Friday that we aren't supposed to miss so I can't just take the day off in the normal way.
You're not the first person that ever had to do that to attend a job interview.
Good luck with it.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 9:47 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
You're not the first person that ever had to do that to attend a job interview.
Good luck with it.
Hope it isn't 110 degrees with equal humidity. It's hard to look polished and professional in a suit in those conditions.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 9:52 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it isn't 110 degrees with equal humidity. It's hard to look polished and professional in a suit in those conditions.
Tell me about it. It's why mostly everyone is restricted to business casual down here, even at job interviews. I can't even remember the last time I actually wore a tie at work.
Fingers crossed for the weather as well then.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 9:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it. It's why mostly everyone is restricted to business casual down here, even at job interviews. I can't even remember the last time I actually wore a tie at work.
Fingers crossed for the weather as well then.
This place is business casual most of the time once you're in - it's the getting in that's the trick and I need to at least pretend to be professional.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 11:07 pm

This place is business casual most of the time once you're in - it's the getting in that's the trick and I need to at least pretend to be professional.
A dark business suit, and the AC turned down to 60 in the car then?
I'd have somebody drop me right at the door, and park up somewhere if it was going to be that hot... then again, I break into a sweat at anything much above 80F.

Professional - at least now I know that you're not applying for a job at my place.

Last edited by paranoidandroid; Jun 26th 2013 at 11:09 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 11:12 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the interview. The fact that they are seeing you again, all be it for a different job, must mean they liked you first time around.

Just an observation on the dress code, my hubby works at a casual dress company (very casual not business casual.) If people turn up in a suit, they are automatically on the back foot, as it means they haven't done their research on the company. Not sure I'd risk that though (so sorry, that was probably really not worth mentioning )
Old Jun 26th 2013, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
Good luck with the interview. The fact that they are seeing you again, all be it for a different job, must mean they liked you first time around.

Just an observation on the dress code, my hubby works at a casual dress company (very casual not business casual.) If people turn up in a suit, they are automatically on the back foot, as it means they haven't done their research on the company. Not sure I'd risk that though (so sorry, that was probably really not worth mentioning )
It's ok, I know this place. I've been in there several times when not interviewing. Suits for interviews, important meetings and conferences, business casual for day-to-day work.

I'm not above changing in the toilet of the Starbucks on the corner, in a pinch. It's quite nice in there.

Thanks for the good wishes.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 11:33 pm

Professional - at least now I know that you're not applying for a job at my place.
Working with someone I know on BE would be too odd. I mean, you might discover the real me.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 2:33 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Working with someone I know on BE would be too odd. I mean, you might discover the real me.
Boggles the mind, Henry II working at a not for profit.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 2:48 am

Heaven forbid. Worse still, that anyone might discover the real me.

Last edited by paranoidandroid; Jun 27th 2013 at 3:48 am.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen View Post
Boggles the mind, Henry II working at a not for profit.
Oh I don't know. The Plantagenets were pretty versatile. He could just have taken stuff from some people and handed it to others. I mean, that's basically what it's all about.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 4:40 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a but late to the party, but best of luck to you for Friday, Lion.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I am not wishing her luck, I am just going to congratulate her when she announces her new employment. She will nail this one...I can feel it
Old Jun 27th 2013, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I think you're early enough, she still has today to read it.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I am not wishing her luck, I am just going to congratulate her when she announces her new employment. She will nail this one...I can feel it
Amazing. That bum probe has improved your psychic powers, eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.