Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by nethead View Post
You must have missed the video shot a couple of days ago of some NYCPD officers spraying pepper spray at people in the crowd, for no apparent reason.
I saw that. What an idiot. A high ranking officer too. I suspect early retirement might be in order. The Daily Show did a good skit on it. Can't find the full clip of it.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
I saw that. What an idiot. A high ranking officer too. I suspect early retirement might be in order. The Daily Show did a good skit on it. Can't find the full clip of it.
Snow in parry sound today according to my niece......
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Only found the msnbc report of it, with their spin haven't seen it on any other news outlet though.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...79119#44679119

http://www.uslaw.com/occupywallstreet

Last edited by nethead; Oct 2nd 2011 at 9:30 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Only found the msnbc report of it, with their spin haven't seen it on any other news outlet though.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...79119#44679119

http://www.uslaw.com/occupywallstreet
Here is part of it. The guys name is Anthony Bologna, so of course Tony Baloney.

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Here is part of it. The guys name is Anthony Bologna, so of course Tony Baloney.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=53EIvdKIe9Y
Hahahahaha love it.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 12:03 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I can taste food again after weeks of metalic mouth, caused by peri-menopause, I have raided the fridge and eaten everything in site
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 12:23 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tamms_1965 View Post
Yes, but surely all of it is not bad......or maybe it is
First crime wave in my road for 15 years according to my neighbours. We don't have electric fence or high walls.

Police tell me they target an area, normally folks from out the area responsible, poison a few houses, do a check on contents, then come back and do the deed. Luckily my front room is empty with no curtains stili and the back room they tried to enter is my dressing room.

Weird first night didn't bother me, night after couldn't sleep for worry, last night got pissed, tonight willing them to come back. I've got the pistol and the shotguns loaded. If I have to use it (which I hope to God I don't) it won't be pretty..I only have bird shot and rubber in the safe eeek. Apparently hearing the chi-ching of me loading the shotgun is normally enough to deter and send them packing. House is very secure and I have beams everywhere outside.

Its sadly a fact of life here and sounds much worse than it really is. I've gone back into army mode now. Arm and protect. May sound drastic but we certainly are not changing our way of life...let them come! (weirdly wish they would can teach them about respect for life and property).

I've said before that life here is not for faint hearted. I refuse to be scared and live in these bloody complexes..you may as well move out the country. Hubbies in security and I did some time abroad in not nice places. Basically we've seen everything and are well drilled from house break in to silly people jumping over the back yard. Lets put it this way....we'll not be caught out. You're also more likely to get robbed whilst you're out and not at night.

This may sound sick but the initial fears been replaced with the hope I can teach some illiterate criminal that life is no easy ride...I suggested today that M shoots for the leg then tie them to the lappa and let me target practice with the pellet gun....sadly I think that may have me up for human right abuses. I want to help the community not become the local vigilante!! Honest guv!
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 12:28 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, but surely all of it is not bad......or maybe it is
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
She lives in South Africa...
So sorry to hear about your pets BUT, you are okay and that is the upside. I would be freaked out living there now. Does this type of thing happen a lot in your area or was it just a random case of thievery? I think around here it's mostly petty theft of people stealing tools and stuff out of unlocked sheds and barns....burglars are more afraid of owners shooting them than the law catching them.
Hey and thanks ladies...appreciate the understanding and concern. Also got local police, newspapers and SPCA doing their things. I've offered some voluntary hours for all of them in return.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 1:28 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

You must have missed the video shot a couple of days ago of some NYCPD officers spraying pepper spray at people in the crowd, for no apparent reason.
Yep saw that. Hope he gets what he deserves too.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 1:52 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Yep saw that. Hope he gets what he deserves too.
you're alive?? Blimey was worried had no abuse in about a week!! MWAH.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 8:57 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

In 1964 the one half of Durham College in Newcastle Upon Tyne in the north of England was granted university status. To go with this change of status they wanted a change of name. In order to try and attract a better standard of college student the dean of the school opted to promote the fact that the school is right in the heart of the city of Newcastle. After deciding on a name the school drafted up an announcement and informed the relevant funding bodies via Parliament of the new name.

It was only at this point that someone notified the school that the initials for the City University of Newcastle Upon Tyne - that being C.U.N.T. - might actually attract an entirely different standard of student then they had originally planned on.

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Help of a very special member of BE - thanks.....
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 9:27 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore View Post
Help of a very special member of BE - thanks.....
Aw, shucks, it was nothing. Really.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Aw, shucks, it was nothing. Really.
You seem to be putting yourself about quite a bit.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 9:40 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
You seem to be putting yourself about quite a bit.
It's the monkey glands.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.