Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 11:35 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Bit late in the day but....

My illustrious employers (thats spelt idiots) asked me to take them to the airport... I don't mind doing it, but they think timekeeping is for other people! I have always told them that one day I will laugh my head off when they cut it too fine. We think this already happened once but it was kept secret... well today it came at them full force They wasted time and we left for the airport late... oh dear they missed their flight and I got to go back and get them. three faces were there to be picked up!
What a cracking start to my week endthumbsup:
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 12:09 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore View Post
Best of both worlds really - should stop complaining...I could be living in manitoba or ontario in the heat and humidity.....
Yeah but you don't, do you?
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 12:23 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Yeah but you don't, do you?
Oh, poop on you
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 5:40 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965 View Post
Oh, poop on you
So then, now that we all all know your subconscious inclinations.. what's next?
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 9:30 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

An old Cherokee told his grandson, "My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, & ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, & truth." The boy thought about it, and asked "Grandfather, which wolf wins?" The old man quietly replied, "The one you feed"
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen View Post
An old Cherokee told his grandson, "My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, & ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, & truth." The boy thought about it, and asked "Grandfather, which wolf wins?" The old man quietly replied, "The one you feed"
Ooooohh - I like that one!
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 10:08 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen View Post
Very nice
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:05 am
Queen of my house

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5rVgxmekeM

The Coors' version of "Little Wing." I love it
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:58 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5rVgxmekeM

The Coors' version of "Little Wing." I love it
One of my favs the Corrs
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Just figured out why I'm overweight ! The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says "For extra volume and body". I'm going to start using "Fairy" dish soap. It says " Dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove".

From a post on my Facebook page.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:48 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My manicure. It's so bogan it's good.

(bogan = chav)
Attached Thumbnails What made you smile today? Part III-my-bogan-manicure.jpg  
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:58 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday was my second day as a concierge at one of our vendor hotels. The sales manager decided to "try me out." We are still supposed to sell tickets, but also do concierge duties as well. The first day pickings were slim since people were either checking out, or as they ch ecked in were more intent in getting into their rooms to recover from their travel or finding a place to have dinner, so no great shakes at all in the sales department. However, yesterday I was busy as a bee, setting a record for sales at that hotel AND satisfying the guests.

The upside is the pay rate is 9.00 an hour for a concierge vs 7.50 an hour as a ticket seller. Also I get to sit down AND I'M IN AC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The downside is that it's a longer day-clocked in at 755 and clocked out at 645. Also they only have a concierge at that hotel 2 days a week Fri and Sat, so it's back to the great outdoors for me the rest of the week.

Ah well, it's a start.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 12:26 pm
Queen of my house

Originally Posted by cindyabs View Post
Yesterday was my second day as a concierge at one of our vendor hotels. The sales manager decided to "try me out." We are still supposed to sell tickets, but also do concierge duties as well. The first day pickings were slim since people were either checking out, or as they ch ecked in were more intent in getting into their rooms to recover from their travel or finding a place to have dinner, so no great shakes at all in the sales department. However, yesterday I was busy as a bee, setting a record for sales at that hotel AND satisfying the guests.

The upside is the pay rate is 9.00 an hour for a concierge vs 7.50 an hour as a ticket seller. Also I get to sit down AND I'M IN AC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The downside is that it's a longer day-clocked in at 755 and clocked out at 645. Also they only have a concierge at that hotel 2 days a week Fri and Sat, so it's back to the great outdoors for me the rest of the week.

Ah well, it's a start.
I hope it leads to bigger and better things! (I would love it just for the AC)
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:08 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it leads to bigger and better things! (I would love it just for the AC)
Me too, since the concierge position was what I applied for and interviewed for with the company last fall.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs View Post

Ah well, it's a start.
Who knows where it may lead. Well done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.