Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:54 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by elfman View Post
Reading on my sister's FB page that she had a gang of Jehovah's Witnesses knock on her door today. Nothing unusual in that - except that my sister and her family are currently living on a small Scottish island (population 150) for six months. There's dedication to the JW cause - probably not the sort to be put off by the homeowner answering door in a state of undress and waving a gun.
May I suggest you buy her a dressing gown for her next birthday?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:58 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
This made me smile because as of yesterday its allllll mine

the '84 Merc 380 that is

I'd love it!
Old Jun 7th 2011, 12:25 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
This made me smile because as of yesterday its allllll mine

the '84 Merc 380 that is
See? You left the most important bit out.

Nice car, Jan.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:23 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Walking away from my old life, old job and driving home thinking about what is to come.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:26 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess View Post
Walking away from my old life, old job and driving home thinking about what is to come.
PARTY PARTY PARTY...I LOVE THAT THE SLATE IS WIPPED CLEAN FEELING.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:31 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maddyjvn View Post
Been quite emotional as I havent been able to say goodbye properly as I took instant leave and will work from home but I felt an immense sense of relief leaving a building that has made me quite sick - dust/cockroaches, mulch, rodents.

Going to miss the people, they are fantastic but have a much better opportunity, it is just scary leaving and saying goodbye and leaving a 3 year comfort zone.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:36 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I missed that I had no idea you were leaving!
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:13 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maddyjvn View Post
Kinky
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
I missed that I had no idea you were leaving!
Not leaving Perth though.

Took a week off work, managed to stop my inhalers as I am getting some pretty serious environmental asthma symptoms, and realised I needed a change and quickly - my job had become so diluted, lots of work but no challenge and feeling overwhelmed.

I loved the people, it was a few mins from my home but I knew it was time to go so I found one job that I kept looking at on the net, sent off my resume, they called me two hours later, interview 5 days later and 3 days later got the call offering me the job, had the medical last week and then resigned.

Quickest job I ever got, but my current job released me today as I caught infectious bronchitis from work - crowded, dusty environment, mulch pile opposite, burns your nostrils and eyes and really was making it worse. Ended up really sick on steroids and stuff so although I am nearly better, I have two weeks to recover.

New beginnings, back in the city - which is something I need really but I shall miss my workmates.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:18 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Not leaving Perth though.

Took a week off work, managed to stop my inhalers as I am getting some pretty serious environmental asthma symptoms, and realised I needed a change and quickly - my job had become so diluted, lots of work but no challenge and feeling overwhelmed.

I loved the people, it was a few mins from my home but I knew it was time to go so I found one job that I kept looking at on the net, sent off my resume, they called me two hours later, interview 5 days later and 3 days later got the call offering me the job, had the medical last week and then resigned.

Quickest job I ever got, but my current job released me today as I caught infectious bronchitis from work - crowded, dusty environment, mulch pile opposite, burns your nostrils and eyes and really was making it worse. Ended up really sick on steroids and stuff so although I am nearly better, I have two weeks to recover.

New beginnings, back in the city - which is something I need really but I shall miss my workmates.
Good for you excellant
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:24 pm

Good for you excellant
Funny how things can take off and how quickly things can happen and you decide to change things. Im nervous about stepping out of the old comfort zone though, dont mind admitting.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:27 pm

Funny how things can take off and how quickly things can happen and you decide to change things. Im nervous about stepping out of the old comfort zone though, dont mind admitting.
It will all fall into place in a months time you will be wondering what you were worrying about
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:42 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

It will all fall into place in a months time you will be wondering what you were worrying about
That's what your ex has been thinking since he saw you in the supermarket the other day.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 3:01 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Kinky
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:40 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.