Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Oct 28th 2021, 9:14 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Today has been a big smile day!

Last year my son's trip to visit us in March was canceled and we have been waiting to see him. Finally today his ticket is booked !! He arrives Dec 12 until Jan 1st. I can't wait.
That is worth lots of smiley days! I bet you can't wait.
Old Oct 28th 2021, 9:15 pm
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Last year my son's trip to visit us in March was canceled and we have been waiting to see him. Finally today his ticket is booked !! He arrives Dec 12 until Jan 1st. I can't wait.
Pleased for you
Old Oct 28th 2021, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
That’s great SM. Just the boost you need to help you on the road to recovery.
It is! Thank you.

But the price of tickets is horrendous He still had credit from last years ticket but it had to be used before the end of the year. He has finally got a full time job now and not just a contract job so he was restricted to dates he could take off.
So his Christmas present from us and his sister was helping pay for the new price but it will be worth it just to see him again
Old Oct 28th 2021, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
That is worth lots of smiley days! I bet you can't wait.
Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Pleased for you
Thanks ladies. Made my day
Old Oct 28th 2021, 10:06 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant news. Is this the gardening Sugar Cube himself?

That has to be a huge pick-me-up right there.

Christmas tickets are always very pricey, but this year worse than ever I should think.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Oct 28th 2021 at 10:09 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2021, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Brilliant news. Is this the gardening Sugar Cube himself?

That has to be a huge pick-me-up right there.

Christmas tickets are always very pricey, but this year worse than ever I should think.
Yep the gardening SugarCube

I have to say we really were given the run around. When it was originally booked it was through Orbitz. They told him the credit was through March 2022 when flights were canceled.. Today Orbitz said it was only good until the end of this year and the only dates they could come up with did not fit his time off and were ridiculous prices with all sorts of extra fees.So I told him to go directly through United and surprise his dates were available at a lower price and they waived any extra fees. We knew it would be high but no where near the Orbitz price. So I'm glad he persevered and got a ticket.
Old Oct 29th 2021, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

That good news will hopefully make you feel a whole lot better.
Old Oct 29th 2021, 6:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

What great news I bet he'll be getting lots of saved up hugs!
Old Oct 30th 2021, 3:36 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Robot moves like Jagger

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/entertainment-arts-59101408
Old Oct 31st 2021, 3:24 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if these were some of Sultan of Swing's pals:

Halloween in Ireland in the 1980s

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/com..._in_the_1980s/

Last edited by caretaker; Oct 31st 2021 at 3:27 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2021, 5:49 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post

No-ah, dey-er frem County Cavan down sout, like....... (just)

Ye'll get de warm e-or - or have schticks trown at yeer dow-or.....

Old Nov 1st 2021, 3:27 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post

I'm a little younger than they would be, thank you very much!

I was never that arsed about the whole thing anyway. Shitty 50p masks, mixed nuts and Bengal matches aren't much to get excited about
Old Nov 1st 2021, 3:51 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 1st 2021, 4:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

😱👎🏻

Old Nov 1st 2021, 4:04 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Is the thing at the back a snail trail? Gawd!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.