Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Oct 30th 2020, 4:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Someone in the UK with whom I'm working on my current job, the CEO of the local branch of a charity, whose subject line in his emails to me is always "Aye up duck!"

Made me smile too.
Old Oct 31st 2020, 8:50 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

A tale from my neighbour.

She arrived at the cemetery on this most important of weekends to do her weekly tidy-up and lay flowers on her parents' graves. A sister she has broken off relations with was already there and at work, so, not wanting to back down, she set herself at the opposite end of the same grave and did her stuff, the pair each pretending the other wasn't there. She was seething, of course. Got the full story and pics when she got back home.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't go breaking my heart. Amazing mirror performance.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the lady not the man.Plus i went dizzy watching very clever though.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

The return of some the missing people;welcome back peeps.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 1:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
The return of some the missing people;welcome back peeps.
Sounds like something for the movie thread.

Old Nov 6th 2020, 3:10 am
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Parent-teacher conferences for my daughter tonight. So nice to hear the teachers say how they love having her in their class, and how well she's doing. I'm not exactly unbiased of course but she's a bit brilliant if you ask me
Old Nov 6th 2020, 3:50 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Parent-teacher conferences for my daughter tonight. So nice to hear the teachers say how they love having her in their class, and how well she's doing. I'm not exactly unbiased of course but she's a bit brilliant if you ask me
Nobody has ever seen anything like it. Probably the best daughter, ever, by far. 😜
Old Nov 6th 2020, 3:54 am
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
Nobody has ever seen anything like it. Probably the best daughter, ever, by far. 😜
She's really very low maintenance as kids go, I'm very lucky.
Old Nov 6th 2020, 4:07 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

We went away for a few days down south, and popped into an antiques shop that just happened to be owned by my kids' old Japanese teacher. She told us what a pleasure our kids were to teach, and that if all kids were like that she'd never have left teaching. It also makes me smile to see sultan back 👍👍
Old Nov 6th 2020, 5:08 am
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
We went away for a few days down south, and popped into an antiques shop that just happened to be owned by my kids' old Japanese teacher. She told us what a pleasure our kids were to teach, and that if all kids were like that she'd never have left teaching.
That's the ultimate validation, when years after they have left school the teachers remember how much they enjoyed having them in their class.

It also makes me smile to see sultan back 👍👍

Old Nov 6th 2020, 10:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We went away for a few days down south, and popped into an antiques shop that just happened to be owned by my kids' old Japanese teacher. She told us what a pleasure our kids were to teach, and that if all kids were like that she'd never have left teaching. It also makes me smile to see sultan back 👍👍
One of the girls' favourite teachers came in to the rehoming centre looking for a cat - weird that - hadn't seen him for seven years, he immediately asked how youngest was doing and how he missed her. He reckoned no student made him laugh or sigh as much as she did. I took it as a huge complement. He adopted an elderly cat so that was a bonus. Eldest daughter was pissed that he didn't ask after her.
Old Nov 6th 2020, 11:59 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

A credit to her parents, etc.

I always knew what my son's teachers were going to say before they said it: "Great kid, a pleasure to have in the class, but he never stops talking!"

Wonder where he got that from
Old Nov 6th 2020, 12:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

She sounds like a lovely kid. So good to get those comments about our offspring.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
A credit to her parents, etc.

I always knew what my son's teachers were going to say before they said it: "Great kid, a pleasure to have in the class, but he never stops talking!"

Wonder where he got that from
He can't get it from you Lion, I've known you for years and have never heard you talk, not even once.

Comment from the year five teacher of my second son, who I swear was born a freewheeling hippy - "He can be very disruptive in class, often interrupting me with comments. Trouble is, his comments are so funny that everyone laughs, even me". Little shit
Old Nov 6th 2020, 12:46 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post

He can't get it from you Lion, I've known you for years and have never heard you talk, not even once.
Finally. Someone sees the truth of the matter.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post

Comment from the year five teacher of my second son, who I swear was born a freewheeling hippy - "He can be very disruptive in class, often interrupting me with comments. Trouble is, his comments are so funny that everyone laughs, even me". Little shit

Here's to laid back kids. Mine was, and remains, like that.

Anyway, you wouldn't want students who didn't make comments, would you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.