Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jan 11th 2019, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
No, it's just "reporting-like-wot-it-isn't".... How often did I see that.
Because he's got a PL he can't legally hold a full one until he's passed his Test. His Driving Record now has that ban so even when he's released under the 'UK's harsh penal system" next week, he can't drive or apply for any form of licence for 16 years, aiui.
As if that will stop him.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 12:15 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
As if that will stop him.
... Of course it won't, but you know the Brit mentality chawkins99 - can't see a RULE without genuflecting on its belly to it.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

I have to be honest , this filled me up

http://www.mnn.com/family/babies-pre...5eb44-40383229
Old Jan 17th 2019, 10:18 pm
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
I have to be honest , this filled me up

http://www.mnn.com/family/babies-pre...5eb44-40383229
That's beyond words isn't it. So levelling as to what is and is not important in life.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 11:48 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

After a day at work, this made me laugh. Silly, but there it is.

Warning: NSFW or children probably.

Old Jan 18th 2019, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Something I saw on Facebook/

Our complaints against your husband Mr. Tomlinson, include, but are not limited to, the list below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras:
1. January 5: Set all the alarm clocks in Homewares to go off at 5- minute intervals.
2. February 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.
3. March 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the toilets.
4. April 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, "Code 3 in Homewares. Get on it right away". This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor.
5. May 4: Went to the Customer Service Desk and tried to reserve a pack of biscuits.
6. June 14: Moved a "Caution - Wet Floor" sign to a carpeted area, which resulted in a customer slipping and falling over.
7. August 15: Sat in a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers they could come in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department - to which twenty children obliged.
8. September 3: Darted around the whole store suspiciously while loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.
9. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled "Pick me! Pick me!".
10. November 23: Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where the fitting room was.
11. December 2: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, "Hey! There's no toilet paper in here."
12. December 7: Parked his car in the trolley shelter.
13. January 10: Used one of our snow shovels to make a pile of invisible snow outside one of our entrances and shouted to people telling them they'll never get in this way and to use the other entrance.
Yours sincerely,
Mr. Neil Clark, Store Manager
Old Jan 18th 2019, 8:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Took my 36 year old son and 14 year old grandson for lunch and a movie. I let my grandson choose where to go and what to see. So we went to a sushi train restaurant and saw How To Train Your Dragon 3. To my surprise, I enjoyed both
Old Jan 18th 2019, 1:33 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
Something I saw on Facebook/

Our complaints against your husband Mr. Tomlinson, include, but are not limited to, the list below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras:
1. January 5: Set all the alarm clocks in Homewares to go off at 5- minute intervals.
2. February 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.
3. March 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the toilets.
4. April 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, "Code 3 in Homewares. Get on it right away". This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor.
5. May 4: Went to the Customer Service Desk and tried to reserve a pack of biscuits.
6. June 14: Moved a "Caution - Wet Floor" sign to a carpeted area, which resulted in a customer slipping and falling over.
7. August 15: Sat in a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers they could come in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department - to which twenty children obliged.
8. September 3: Darted around the whole store suspiciously while loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.
9. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled "Pick me! Pick me!".
10. November 23: Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where the fitting room was.
11. December 2: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, "Hey! There's no toilet paper in here."
12. December 7: Parked his car in the trolley shelter.
13. January 10: Used one of our snow shovels to make a pile of invisible snow outside one of our entrances and shouted to people telling them they'll never get in this way and to use the other entrance.
Yours sincerely,
Mr. Neil Clark, Store Manager

I like Mr. Tomlinson.
Old Jan 19th 2019, 6:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Things you wish you could’ve done differently
Old Jan 20th 2019, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I spent my birthday with both my kids. First time since 2002.
Each year it has either been neither of them in Texas and a three way skype or one of them here and skyping the other one or being with one in California and skyping the other.

This year I celebrated with M, both kids, both grandbabies and the lovely son in law. It was a perfect day!
Old Jan 20th 2019, 1:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Each year it has either been neither of them in Texas and a three way skype or one of them here and skyping the other one or being with one in California and skyping the other.

This year I celebrated with M, both kids, both grandbabies and the lovely son in law. It was a perfect day!
Belated Happy Birthday SM.

How lovely to have spent the day with all your family, including the new additions.
Old Jan 20th 2019, 1:30 pm

Excellent. HB.
Old Jan 20th 2019, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Belated Happy Birthday SM.

How lovely to have spent the day with all your family, including the new additions.
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Excellent. HB.
Thanks.

It was also the day I could finally seranade M with a Beatles song!!
Spoiler:
Will you still need me, will you still feed me....

Old Jan 20th 2019, 2:03 pm

It was also the day I could finally seranade M with a Beatles song!!
Spoiler:
Will you still need me, will you still feed me....
I assume the answer was "yes"

Old Jan 20th 2019, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I assume the answer was "yes"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.