Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Nov 14th 2018, 8:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Won 2 tickets to The Nutcracker from the local community radio station and gave them to my friend and his wife.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
TV tuning is serious stuff... yes, it is.

Good on you for getting the bed. Was it the whole bed? Was there maybe an extra half-bed included - our missing half never turned up. No great shakes, as IKEA queen has that sorted.

We did however forget to take the 'on loan' bed feet with us when we went back to order even more stuff from our (ok, my) preferred supplier last Friday.
Oh yes I know how serious this TV tuning stuff is - it's about '25 boxes unpacked' worth of serious. He was so proud of himself after he'd done it, couldn't understand why I couldn't summon quite the same level of enthusiasm

No extra half bed, sorry! Gawd, how the hell could they lose half a bed?
Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:08 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Oh yes I know how serious this TV tuning stuff is - it's about '25 boxes unpacked' worth of serious. He was so proud of himself after he'd done it, couldn't understand why I couldn't summon quite the same level of enthusiasm

No extra half bed, sorry! Gawd, how the hell could they lose half a bed?
That happened to us when we moved UK to NZ.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 10:00 am
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

- it's about '25 boxes unpacked' worth of serious.
25? Now that's what I'd call efficient TV tuning.

Gawd, how the hell could they lose half a bed?
There is also the matter of a missing vacuum cleaner, but they 'know where that is'

They made up for it by bringing a fair amount of stuff that was supposed to be staying as agreed with the purchasers...
Old Nov 15th 2018, 11:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
25? Now that's what I'd call efficient TV tuning.

There is also the matter of a missing vacuum cleaner, but they 'know where that is'

They made up for it by bringing a fair amount of stuff that was supposed to be staying as agreed with the purchasers...
At least you can't complain about their service, there wasn't any
Old Nov 17th 2018, 3:15 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

We are in San Diego, CA, on vacation for a few days. Weather forecast for the next week; high of 70, low of 55, partly cloudy. My question; why doesn't everyone live in San Diego?
Old Nov 17th 2018, 6:10 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
We are in San Diego, CA, on vacation for a few days. Weather forecast for the next week; high of 70, low of 55, partly cloudy. My question; why doesn't everyone live in San Diego?
I thought SD was affected by the fires? Erm ... Hazy geography... Thought southeast near the desert fringes was all restricted movement ...?
Old Nov 18th 2018, 1:58 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
I thought SD was affected by the fires? Erm ... Hazy geography... Thought southeast near the desert fringes was all restricted movement ...?
No, fires are further north..
Old Nov 18th 2018, 3:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Took the remaining bubs down to the shop yesterday - that was sad but they went so as to make room for the mumma and seven bubs who have now taken possession of the cat room. Very cute, obviously.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 1:19 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Well OK, yesterday - but I'm Irish and an ex-rugby player, so sorry Kiwis, but this is our year!!

Well done lads, maith thú!!
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:17 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
No, fires are further north..
thanks.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Sudbrooke mystery hedge cutter prompts police appeal

Officers fear the issue could escalate into a "criminal matter" if the guerrilla gardener's gripes are allowed to fester.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 12:05 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Well OK, yesterday - but I'm Irish and an ex-rugby player, so sorry Kiwis, but this is our year!!

Well done lads, maith thú!!
Yup. Me , him and a couple of others were all happiness.

The silence around us is deafening.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 12:39 pm
Concierge

I spent some time with a woman who lost her Mum, sister and nieces in a mass murder a couple of months ago. The smile bit was seeing her bond with my mum (who was best friends with her mum). The comfort she got from being with her mum's friends was a lovely thing to see.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 12:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I spent some time with a woman who lost her Mum, sister and nieces in a mass murder a couple of months ago. The smile bit was seeing her bond with my mum (who was best friends with her mum). The comfort she got from being with her mum's friends was a lovely thing to see.
Good to hear. People she can share memories with can only help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.