Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Apr 11th 2018, 12:30 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
My family have been keeping a secret from me. I woke up this morning to find my eldest daughter sitting at the breakfast bar. She's flown home for a two week holiday. Very exciting and very happy.
This keeps putting a smile on my face.

Mostly because it makes me dream of the day that the boys actually leave home so they can come back and surprise me in such a way, but even so.

Still smiling
Old Apr 11th 2018, 12:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post

Mostly because it makes me dream of the day that the boys actually leave home so they can come back and surprise me in such a way, but even so.

Still smiling
I’ve just remembered I did something similar for our 20th wedding anniversary. I sent my mother and father in law tickets to visit us in the US...their first visit. My husband didn’t know anything about it...I told him we were collecting his sister at the airport. The last thing he expected was for his mum and dad to be there!!
Old Apr 11th 2018, 12:36 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Still smiling
They tend to hang around these days - one of my stepsons was 32 before he packed his little bag and toddled off into the big wide world. Scouse and I rented out his room immediately in case he changed his mind and wanted to come back.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
They tend to hang around these days - one of my stepsons was 32 before he packed his little bag and toddled off into the big wide world. Scouse and I rented out his room immediately in case he changed his mind and wanted to come back.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 9:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Still smiling
Took her to work today, she had a ball and is going back tomorrow. Nice to see you sweetheart. Shame it doesn't pay, it might make her want to move back.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 3:10 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I've managed to book tickets at the Opera House to see Billionaire Boy with the smalls during the school holidays. They love David Walliams' books, so I'm looking forwards to taking them. Going to be all posh and have lunch at the Opera Bar afterwards.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 5:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Happened yesterday, but was live on air on the BBC, interviewing a few of the British swimming medalists on the Gold Coast, understandably it became a twitter favourite clip, lesson to learn, know the depth of your pool BEFORE walking around.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/presenter-...091404986.html
Old Apr 12th 2018, 6:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Happened yesterday, but was live on air on the BBC, interviewing a few of the British swimming medalists on the Gold Coast, understandably it became a twitter favourite clip, lesson to learn, know the depth of your pool BEFORE walking around.

Always a good idea

I'm smiling because my friend's daughter is representing England in the Heptathlon. Go Niamh Emerson, she looks like she's having the time of her life
Old Apr 12th 2018, 9:18 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post

Sorry to laugh, but that was pretty funny.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 10:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Sorry to laugh, but that was pretty funny.
It's gonna take him a looooooooooooong loooooooooooooooong time to live that down, remember Michael Fish and his hurricane story, that is still circulating and that was in 1987.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 11:26 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George View Post
I've managed to book tickets at the Opera House to see Billionaire Boy with the smalls during the school holidays. They love David Walliams' books, so I'm looking forwards to taking them. Going to be all posh and have lunch at the Opera Bar afterwards.
Oooh, get you! Sounds like it'll be a lovely day GG.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 11:27 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Always a good idea

I'm smiling because my friend's daughter is representing England in the Heptathlon. Go Niamh Emerson, she looks like she's having the time of her life
How exciting for her. Fingers crossed she does well
Old Apr 12th 2018, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

How exciting for her. Fingers crossed she does well
She's only 18 so still early days in her career but she's having a blast and enjoying the experience.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
She's only 18 so still early days in her career but she's having a blast and enjoying the experience.
I bet, what a wonderful experience for her!
Old Apr 12th 2018, 1:29 pm
Concierge

I bet, what a wonderful experience for her!
She looks to have been doing pretty well, won her 200m heat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.