Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jan 25th 2018, 2:27 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Attached Thumbnails What made you smile today? Part III-pressspeak.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2018, 2:37 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Two days in a hotel for the annual "all staff meeting" are over and I'm back to just doing my job.

What a monumental waste that was. Whatever they spent on it, I would rather have the cash and skip the "inspirational" speeches.
What utter wank.

Was there at least free food?
Old Jan 25th 2018, 2:54 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Even if they had free cakes?
hmm...

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Old Jan 25th 2018, 2:57 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
hmm...

It's a valid concern. While I haven't, luckily, been subjected to two full days of godawful management-speak, our company used to, until recently, have a spring kickoff meeting, which was basically a 6 hour circlejerk for the sales people. Incredibly boring, yet mandatory for all to attend but we did at least get breakfast and lunch out of it. Plus, we got to go home when it ended and not back to work, so that was nice.

Two days of a bunch of dreary suits inventing wank words though - I'm not sure there's enough free food in the world to make that one bearable.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 3:07 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

It's a valid concern. While I haven't, luckily, been subjected to two full days of godawful management-speak, our company used to, until recently, have a spring kickoff meeting, which was basically a 6 hour circlejerk for the sales people. Incredibly boring, yet mandatory for all to attend but we did at least get breakfast and lunch out of it. Plus, we got to go home when it ended and not back to work, so that was nice.

Two days of a bunch of dreary suits inventing wank words though - I'm not sure there's enough free food in the world to make that one bearable.
We have a "Team" day coming up in March.

I've booked three days off of work to make sure I miss it.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 3:11 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
We have a "Team" day coming up in March.

I've booked three days off of work to make sure I miss it.
I'm not sure I could have got away with that for the past ones. It was OK though, I just switched off for 6 hours and let my mind wander.

I ****ing hate meetings though, I've never once in my entire life attended one that was in any way productive.

Old Jan 25th 2018, 3:49 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

What utter wank.

The food was actually reasonable, but the whole "find someone you don't know and talk about...." cancels it out.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 3:59 pm
Doin' It Right

The food was actually reasonable, but the whole "find someone you don't know and talk about...." cancels it out.
How many people do you think found someone they didn't know and talked about how crap the meeting was?
Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:01 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

How many people do you think found someone they didn't know and talked about how crap the meeting was?

At least nobody prayed at us.

It's happened.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:04 pm
Doin' It Right

At least nobody prayed at us.

It's happened.
That's dangerous. If any situation arises in a meeting where it's suggested I bow my head and close my eyes, I'm going to sleep.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

SKY to join Netflix and Amazon to get rid of the dish and move to an all streaming service.

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/sk...115500742.html
Old Jan 25th 2018, 5:14 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Two days in a hotel for the annual "all staff meeting" are over and I'm back to just doing my job.

What a monumental waste that was. Whatever they spent on it, I would rather have the cash and skip the "inspirational" speeches.
Last one I went on, in Yorkshire, involved various outdoor activities, one of which was teams of four, blindfolded, given a length of heavy rope and had to form a square. Literally money for old rope.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Last one I went on, in Yorkshire, involved various outdoor activities, one of which was teams of four, blindfolded, given a length of heavy rope and had to form a square. Literally money for old rope.
No way. That sort of thing leads to people being guided off cliffs. Most of my colleagues can't even read and respond to more than one question per email - I'm damned if I'm letting them lead me about blindfolded.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Yeah.. No.

Eff that shit.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 5:47 pm

No way. That sort of thing leads to people being guided off cliffs. Most of my colleagues can't even read and respond to more than one question per email - I'm damned if I'm letting them lead me about blindfolded.
That's what I meant to say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.