Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Dec 1st 2017, 8:34 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Chocolate orange cheese anyone?..

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/asda-sell...130231545.html
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 5:45 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
I think you know where you can stick your comment and your opinions, troll. I also think anyone looking back over my posts will clearly see that labelling me as "a remainiac" (in common with just about anyone who disagrees with you) says more about you than about me.

There is also no bigotry on my side and, luckily, little against me - but that might be because the snivelling cowards who usually resort to such abuse would rather pick on a woman. However, to deny that I have witnessed any such abuse or observed such behaviour in my 30+ years in the UK would be to deny the sun rises in the morning.

Keep posting, the spade isn't blunt yet.
You seem to think that people having different opinions than you makes them a troll - you are wrong.

Remainiac is an appropriate term for the lopsided remainers still fighting a fight they have already lost and being blinded as to both the good and the bad of Brexit, solely seeing imminent disaster.

You post contained language typical of the anti-English bigotry so beloved by the Celtic fringe - "oh-so superior English" etc.

I have no doubt that there are instances of bigotry in the UK in all directions, but the idea that they are everyday attitudes that lie just below the surface or that brexiters are typically xenophobic seem strange when the UK is an incredibly welcoming and accommodating country.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
You seem to think that people having different opinions than you makes them a troll - you are wrong.

Remainiac is an appropriate term for the lopsided remainers still fighting a fight they have already lost and being blinded as to both the good and the bad of Brexit, solely seeing imminent disaster.

You post contained language typical of the anti-English bigotry so beloved by the Celtic fringe - "oh-so superior English" etc.

I have no doubt that there are instances of bigotry in the UK in all directions, but the idea that they are everyday attitudes that lie just below the surface or that brexiters are typically xenophobic seem strange when the UK is an incredibly welcoming and accommodating country.

I wonder if you have taken a look at the title of this thread.? Just a thought
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Today after months of searching I found jars of black cherries in kirsch. I'm so excited to be able to make a Black Forest Gateau for Christmas.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 9:49 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
I wonder if you have taken a look at the title of this thread.? Just a thought
Ask Macliam - I'm merely replying to him.

I did smile today, at some remainiac whining on the table next to me in the restaurant at lunchtime.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 12:13 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

No, I think someone making deliberately provocative statements and attempting to provoke argument for its own sake is a troll. However, I'm not prepared to disrupt this thread further and I apologise to other posters for having been baited this far.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 12:14 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Ask Macliam - I'm merely replying to him.

I did smile today, at some remainiac whining on the table next to me in the restaurant at lunchtime.
Give it a rest. You have a thread for this sort of stuff. Go and use it.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 12:28 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Give it a rest. You have a thread for this sort of stuff. Go and use it.
Down with this sort of thing.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 1:06 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Down with this sort of thing.
Is there anything to be said for another sermon?
Old Dec 4th 2017, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
No, I think someone making deliberately provocative statements and attempting to provoke argument for its own sake is a troll. However, I'm not prepared to disrupt this thread further and I apologise to other posters for having been baited this far.
Never mind. As I said last time, it won't happen again.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 1:44 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

My Dear ,

I am Barrister Davis Mark, Attorney to Mr Late Client, who passed away
in a car accident in Lome-Togo alongside his family members He left
behind an investment bond of about US$10.7 Million Dollars with a bank
here in my country, before his death. I have in my possession legal
documents that could give you the legal rights for the claim. Send me
your sincere thoughts about this mail so that we can get started with
the process.
FULL NAME............
ADDRESS..............
TEL..................
YOUR EMAIL ......
Barrister Davis Mark
+22892512764
Please Reply Me To My Private Address Here (

Also dug the old card out of my phone and transfered everything onto my new back-up drive, finding stuff I'd forgotten about.

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 5th 2017 at 1:52 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Ewwwww
Old Dec 7th 2017, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

bobnoltis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
My Dear ,

I am Barrister Davis Mark, Attorney to Mr Late Client, who passed away
in a car accident in Lome-Togo alongside his family members He left
behind an investment bond of about US$10.7 Million Dollars with a bank
here in my country, before his death. I have in my possession legal
documents that could give you the legal rights for the claim. Send me
your sincere thoughts about this mail so that we can get started with
the process.
FULL NAME............
ADDRESS..............
TEL..................
YOUR EMAIL ......
Barrister Davis Mark
+22892512764
Please Reply Me To My Private Address Here (

Also dug the old card out of my phone and transfered everything onto my new back-up drive, finding stuff I'd forgotten about.

I presume you're smiling from your beach resort?
Old Dec 8th 2017, 12:08 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

As part of my job, i manage submissions for an open speaker session.
we are massively oversubscribed ( think 20 apps for each slot)
The selection committee turns down a lot of people
I have the job of informing them
some people don't take it so well
I got an abuse filled (probably alcohol fuelled) rant from one person I sent a rejection to
problem is , his boss was was on the selection committee.
So I forwarded on the email to him, asking how he'd like me to respond
Boss is not impressed and i am laughing so hard right now!
Old Dec 8th 2017, 12:35 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Hearing Farage sound upset........ always a good thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.