Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old May 12th 2014, 4:59 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
You can palm them off on grandparents though, as they never see them. Here have some quality time, and nip down the pub
This is true. My mum has already suggested we do that.

Nah, in reality I'm pretty settled in work now so I don't really have a daily 'grind'. Except for the housework, but I'll just clean up before we leave. This time I can enjoy the break without worrying what I might have to come back to like the last time.
Old May 12th 2014, 6:19 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
This is true. My mum has already suggested we do that.

Nah, in reality I'm pretty settled in work now so I don't really have a daily 'grind'. Except for the housework, but I'll just clean up before we leave. This time I can enjoy the break without worrying what I might have to come back to like the last time.
No matter how good work is, it's always nice to have time away, and that first morning back is always unbelievably shite, unless there are donuts, then it's just shite.
Old May 12th 2014, 6:39 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

No matter how good work is, it's always nice to have time away, and that first morning back is always unbelievably shite, unless there are donuts, then it's just shite.
Aye. There should be donuts though, there almost always is here. Which is nice.
Old May 12th 2014, 6:57 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Aye. There should be donuts though, there almost always is here. Which is nice.
Surprise donuts is about the only thing I miss not going to the office each day.

Do you find when you're away you miss American food? I crave Mexican food when I've been away for longer than 5 days.
Old May 12th 2014, 7:01 pm
Doin' It Right

Surprise donuts is about the only thing I miss not going to the office each day.

Do you find when you're away you miss American food? I crave Mexican food when I've been away for longer than 5 days.
I hadn't been here long enough to notice the last time. I was so overloaded about getting to eat curry/battered sausages/Ulster Frys etc I think.

I would probably miss Mexican food most of all as well. Most of the rest of the stuff I eat is fairly internationally available (Chinese and then general meat n' potatoes type stuff) but I do love Mexican.

Again, I'll probably be in a Battenburg Cake/Fox's Classic/M&S Frozen Dessert induced coma about five minutes after my arse hits the sofa in my mum's house so I'll probably be OK
Old May 13th 2014, 6:34 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Again, I'll probably be in a Battenburg Cake/Fox's Classic/M&S Frozen Dessert induced coma about five minutes after my arse hits the sofa in my mum's house so I'll probably be OK

Old May 13th 2014, 6:35 pm
Doin' It Right

Ah, the half-Rimmer. Very useful in a time crunch. Such as when there is only one biscuit left on the plate.
Old May 14th 2014, 3:26 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The confusion of our local squirrels, yesterday a tree surgeon removed a load of huge branches that were overhanging the development garden, some of these must have been used by the squirrels as their highway through the trees as this morning w[one was running along one of the branches, and suddenly had to come to a dead stop as there was nothing in front, just the endof the branch. Obviously the tree surgeons had forgotten to put up the 'dead end' notices.
Old May 14th 2014, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Talking to my Mum - she and her pals go into town most days but have switched allegiance from the Age Concern centre to the WRVS because Age Concern moved some of their chairs - you get liver and bacon, nice cuppa tea and cake...this must involve walking right through Boots, but a 'nice young man' delivers her prescriptions to her door as well. It's all going down the pan though
Old May 15th 2014, 3:54 pm
Doin' It Right

Someone in the office was let go last week (not what I'm smiling about ) and I put my name forward for their position.

Today they formally offered it to me . It's salaried and carries a $10K/year increase in pay.

I'm mildly chuffed.
Old May 15th 2014, 3:56 pm

Someone in the office was let go last week (not what I'm smiling about ) and I put my name forward for their position.

Today they formally offered it to me . It's salaried and carries a $10K/year increase in pay.

I'm mildly chuffed.
Congrats. And that helps with the car purchase too
Old May 15th 2014, 4:00 pm
Doin' It Right

Congrats. And that helps with the car purchase too
Thanks.

It does help just a bit. I'm quite smug that they considered me so quickly before even advertising the position ...
Old May 15th 2014, 4:03 pm

Thanks.

It does help just a bit. I'm quite smug that they considered me so quickly before even advertising the position ...
Does that mean less BE time? Got to get your priorities right
Old May 15th 2014, 4:05 pm
Doin' It Right

Does that mean less BE time? Got to get your priorities right
Maybe a little less. I'll still be able to get on though.
Old May 15th 2014, 4:57 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I'm mildly chuffed.
Hey, Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.