Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

what made you smile today

what made you smile today

Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:59 am
"amuse me"

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what made you smile today

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER View Post
Getting a Valentines message in my "PM box" .
I wonder who could have sent me that,,,,
I got one of those and I have absolutely no idea who sent it. Someone with time on their hands I suppose.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:25 am
time for a cuppa?

ukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I have to disagree with you....all dogs are wonderful...just a few bad owners.

I love dogs. I love my dogs...even though I know one day they are gonna break my heart. I have had 9 dogs over the years....7 of them are in the kennels in the sky now and 7 times my heart has been broken. They are the most wonderful creatures. God gave them his name backwards.
So true! As Barbara Woodhouse, 99% of the problems are the owners - they are the ones that need training Am training my pup to be a therapy dog
Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukmumsie View Post
So true! As Barbara Woodhouse, 99% of the problems are the owners - they are the ones that need training Am training my pup to be a therapy dog
What type of dog do you have?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:34 am
time for a cuppa?

ukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond repute

She is a lab - such a good little girl and gentle but only 8 months old at the mo. so still a lot of puppy in her Couldn't imagine life without my dogs!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukmumsie View Post
She is a lab - such a good little girl and gentle but only 8 months old at the mo. so still a lot of puppy in her Couldn't imagine life without my dogs!
Labs are my hubby's favourite...his parents had labs when he was a kid. Yep dogs definitely enrich our lives.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

I remember going to her house ( BARBARA WOODHOUSE)for a weekend with her daughter and seeing at first hand her incredible animal control .They had a Dane called Juno who was lying by the fire where we were having tea."Go down and get your dinner Juno" Barbara said;
Juno gets up ,goes to the shut door, turns the knob to open ,goes down stairs ,has her dinner, comes back up, lies by the fire. "Go and shut the door Juno," Barbara says.
Juno gets up, shuts the door, lies down again.
Simple magic

Last edited by John Speed; Feb 15th 2007 at 4:53 am. Reason: omission
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:52 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree about the dog thing & have always believed its the owner not the dog.....a dog only behaves the way he/she has been taught.
We have two dogs ourself & couldnt imagine life without either of them.
Dakota is a 15 month old Golden Retriever who is the most gentle loving dog I have ever owned & our new additon is a 4 month old Black Lab puppy named Izzy. Right from the moment we first put Izzy in the van with Dakota they have been best buddies & are such good behaved dogs & they both go everywhere with us which is nice.

Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Wellington, View Post
I remember going to her house ( BARBARA WOODHOUSE)for a weekend with her daughter and seeing at first hand her incredible animal control .They had a Dane called Juno who was lying by the fire where we were having tea."Go down and get your dinner Juno" Barbara said;
Juno gets up ,goes to the shut door, turns the knob to open ,goes down stairs ,has her dinner, comes back up, lies by the fire. "Go and shut the door Juno," Barbara says.
Juno gets up, shuts the door, lies down again.
Simple magic
It's wonderful to see a well trained owner and dog. LOL We used to tell one of our dogs to put all the toys away...she used to run around the house and collect all the doggie toys and put them in their basket.

My first doberman used to be a little moody. If my husband told her off for something...everytime he spoke to her she would turn her head away from him. We used to have one of those tall swing top bins in the kitchen...if she was annoyed about something she would go up to it and jab it with her nose...sending the top spinning around. She was a real character.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Another illustration of the love of dogs.
This Papillon adopted a squirrel and fed it with her own pups.
Attached Thumbnails what made you smile today-dog.squirrel-1.bmp   what made you smile today-ds2.bmp   what made you smile today-ds3.bmp   what made you smile today-ds4.bmp  
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by shepslady View Post
Totally agree about the dog thing & have always believed its the owner not the dog.....a dog only behaves the way he/she has been taught.
Dakota is a 15 month old Golden Retriever who is the most gentle loving dog I have ever owned & our new additon is a 4 month old Black Lab puppy named Izzy. Right from the moment we first put Izzy in the van with Dakota they have been best buddies & are such good behaved dogs & they both go everywhere with us which is nice.

I love to see dogs playing and snuggling up together.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Runnymede has a spectacular aura aboutRunnymede has a spectacular aura aboutRunnymede has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shepslady View Post

Love this subject, animals are such fun to talk about. We have a bitch, a mixture of Kelpie/Alsation/Blue heeler/Doberman/Bull terrier. She is tricolour like an Alsation, looks like one with feathered tale, but the size of a Kelpie.
When our grandson comes to visit us (2 year old) she actually gets on either mine or my husbands lap, just to get away from him! Our granddaughters however, (2 and 5) she greets with a lick!
Although I would prefer a couple of cats, she is a darling and is treated accordingly. Got her when she was three and she is almost ten.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Runnymede has a spectacular aura aboutRunnymede has a spectacular aura aboutRunnymede has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Wellington, View Post
Another illustration of the love of dogs.
This Papillon adopted a squirrel and fed it with her own pups.
Didn't they find them a bit chewy? Sorry, just me being crass!!!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Runnymede View Post
Didn't they find them a bit chewy? Sorry, just me being crass!!!
Suckle,suckle
makes them chuckle
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Runnymede View Post
Love this subject, animals are such fun to talk about. We have a bitch, a mixture of Kelpie/Alsation/Blue heeler/Doberman/Bull terrier. She is tricolour like an Alsation, looks like one with feathered tale, but the size of a Kelpie.
When our grandson comes to visit us (2 year old) she actually gets on either mine or my husbands lap, just to get away from him! Our granddaughters however, (2 and 5) she greets with a lick!
Although I would prefer a couple of cats, she is a darling and is treated accordingly. Got her when she was three and she is almost ten.
Me too...dogs can be such characters. My doberman wouldn't prise a door open with her nose or paw...so my old Cavalier Spaniel would get up open the door with her paw for the doberman to go through...then go and lay back down.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 15th 2007 at 5:18 am.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Here's our English Setter when she was one in 1992,
She was the best dog ,the most loving ,we cannot replace her.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
GEM.doc (1.51 MB, 84 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.