Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Trivia Chit Chat

Trivia Chit Chat

Old Feb 20th 2021, 11:33 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trivia Chit Chat

Great job ECK!

Originally Posted by Norri View Post
el collado kid fingers crossed for you today! Top of the heap. Look out for Lizzy.
Not my best day, but by no means my worst either

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Well well well .Just look at the kid go you can't keep him down .Yippppeeee do da day. If you wana know where I am just look up top .Top of the world ma top of the world
Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Well Done ECK, hopefully the first win of many.

Old Feb 21st 2021, 4:17 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

This 'History' question today - In which country is Prague? - is more Geography than any of the geography questions recently.

Just because the heading refers to the Defenestrations of Prague does not turn that into history.

Old Feb 27th 2021, 3:18 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how Celine made it into the geography category, but of course that's the one I got wrong, LOL!
Old Feb 27th 2021, 3:57 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I got her too!
Old Feb 27th 2021, 4:30 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
Oh, I got her too!

But going by your perfect score, you didn't get the brainlock that I did! For some reason I started to think about the Dionne quints!
Old Feb 27th 2021, 9:00 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger View Post
I'm not sure how Celine made it into the geography category!
Ditto November 5th.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 7:25 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

For a new month's opener, I'll very happily take 8 on literature.

When I started this one, I had it in my head that the category today was "World:Europe" .

As it progressed however ...
Old Mar 1st 2021, 9:55 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
For a new month's opener, I'll very happily take 8 on literature.

When I started this one, I had it in my head that the category today was "World:Europe" .

As it progressed however ...
I thought it was World : Europe as well.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 1:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

But going by your perfect score, you didn't get the brainlock that I did! For some reason I started to think about the Dionne quints!

And I was stuck on spelling remembering Dion and the Belmonts from the 60's
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 2:45 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
And I was stuck on spelling remembering Dion and the Belmonts from the 60's
I had a friend who was a bit older than me, and when he was 15 he managed to sneak into the Trianon Ballroom in Regina and see Dion and the Belmonts play The Wanderer, before the bouncer saw him and threw him out.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 3:14 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I had a friend who was a bit older than me, and when he was 15 he managed to sneak into the Trianon Ballroom in Regina and see Dion and the Belmonts play The Wanderer, before the bouncer saw him and threw him out.

I've always loved "The Wanderer"! When I first moved to NY, I lived in the Bronx, very close to Belmont Avenue. I got such a kick out of seeing the street sign for the first time!
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 4:50 pm
Oscar nominated

I've always loved "The Wanderer"! When I first moved to NY, I lived in the Bronx, very close to Belmont Avenue. I got such a kick out of seeing the street sign for the first time!
Similar for me with Steely Dan's "Bad Sneakers" when I came across Magnolia Boulevard in Seattle.
(not that it was the same boulevard of course...)
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 1:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in a good city to be in during the mid to late 60's. I went several times to the "Peppermint Lounge" in NYC. Clubs were the thing back then and we had a great time especially since the drinking age was 18 back then. Didn't drive so D&D wasn't an issue.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 2:37 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

A very geeky picture taken in Benson, Arizona Apologies for the facial expressions, the November sun was low and bright!

Old Mar 3rd 2021, 2:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
I lived in a good city to be in during the mid to late 60's. I went several times to the "Peppermint Lounge" in NYC. Clubs were the thing back then and we had a great time especially since the drinking age was 18 back then. Didn't drive so D&D wasn't an issue.
In the 80's when The Washington Squares played our club, the manager (at the time) told me to give them anything they want (unheard of!) whatever food, drink, etc. He said one of them was managing the Peppermint Lounge, and another was writing reviews for Spin magazine. They were his career idols. Great group too, btw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.