Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Trivia Chit Chat

Trivia Chit Chat

Old Nov 18th 2019, 1:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trivia Chit Chat

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
I do not know about you Rete my neck hurts from looking up all the time.Along way to the top now
And I've either been immediately above you or below you, so don't complain to me LOL
Old Nov 18th 2019, 9:23 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
The numbers taking part are increasing, which is a good thing, the more people the more points, winner gets the same number of points as the number of players, and that means that even those lowere down get more points.

Old Nov 19th 2019, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Wow looks like you have to score 10 and be quick about it now.just to get in the top ten
Old Nov 19th 2019, 12:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I've not done today's yet. Still only 7:22 am here and the brain is not functioning.

Many times there are over ten people with perfect scores and then it depends on amount of seconds it takes to complete the quiz with a perfect ten. We keep on trying.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 12:33 pm
Concierge

I hate playing this game when himself is awake. He won't come anywhere never my desk until I have started playing Trivia and then he stands there wanting to talk to me and won't leave until I turn and talk with him. There goes my shot at being in the top ten today with a lousy 119 seconds.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 1:19 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
I hate playing this game when himself is awake. He won't come anywhere never my desk until I have started playing Trivia and then he stands there wanting to talk to me and won't leave until I turn and talk with him. There goes my shot at being in the top ten today with a lousy 119 seconds.
When there are nearly 20 players and they only show the top 10, even those around the middle of the pack don't appear on the board. It's a little dis-heartening.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 3:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
When there are nearly 20 players and they only show the top 10, even those around the middle of the pack don't appear on the board. It's a little dis-heartening.
If you click on the 'Standings' button, then it will show you the top 10 scores for the previous day, and there is the option to click on the 'view yesterday's scores' which is in purple at the bottom of the 'Top Scores Yesterday'.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 3:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

If you click on the 'Standings' button, then it will show you the top 10 scores for the previous day, and there is the option to click on the 'view yesterday's scores' which is in purple at the bottom of the 'Top Scores Yesterday'.
Yes, I've done that, and it's still a little dis-heartening.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 6:07 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I've done that, and it's still a little dis-heartening.
My aim each day is to get on the leader board.
I live in hope.

Edit:
So today I managed 10 in 47 seconds.
It is Tuesday geography quiz even though it is Wednesday morning for me.

Caretaker, You were faster than me.
I felt I was steady , speedy and moving along briskly but it was still 47 seconds!
I cannot fathom 25 seconds at all unless one just reads key words and answers on that.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 6:09 pm
Somewhere

Ooo I will take a look.
I'll find me me more often.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:10 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
I felt I was steady , speedy and moving along briskly but it was still 47 seconds!
I cannot fathom 25 seconds at all unless one just reads key words and answers on that.
Whenever I've had sub-25 second results, it's generally because they're commonly asked questions so you know the answer without having to read them, they're short questions so you can just glance at them rather than read them (if that makes sense) and the mouse is scrolling well.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:15 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It's not an exact science but I'd say a good 95% of the time if one of the answers to a question is 'all of these' or similar, that is the correct answer. Saves you valuable seconds right there.

Scanning and scrolling at the same time helps too. I find that you don't always have to read the entire question, just pick out key words and see how the four answer choices fit in. A lot of the time, the answer is just common sense. Most of the time if I hit the low-20 sec (or the rare 19 sec) runs, it's a combination of getting lucky with 'all of these' questions, and speed reading.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:21 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

All it takes is one bad guess to throw you out of the top half.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:22 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

All it takes is one bad guess to throw you out of the top half.
Oh yeah, that happens to me all the time, but I decided a while ago that I would prioritize speed over accuracy, because you never know when a 9/10 will be good enough on a hard quiz day
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Oh yeah, that happens to me all the time, but I decided a while ago that I would prioritize speed over accuracy, because you never know when a 9/10 will be good enough on a hard quiz day
I try to think of it as the sort of activity where everyone is praised for showing up and participating, you know, like soccer.

Last edited by caretaker; Nov 19th 2019 at 8:29 pm. Reason: didn't dare not leave a smiley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.