British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/)
-   -   Trivia Chit Chat (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/trivia-chit-chat-927219/)

BEVS Aug 12th 2019 10:30 pm

Trivia Chit Chat

I don't know how some are so flipping well quick. It takes me time to read the questions properly. :lol:

SultanOfSwing Aug 13th 2019 4:36 am

Re: Trivia Challenge 2019

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12722351)
I don't know how some are so flipping well quick. It takes me time to read the questions properly. :lol:

I wouldn't worry, it's not exactly a marketable skill or anything. There are only a small handful of things I'm good at, it just so happens that memorizing a bunch of useless trivia and reading very quickly are two of them :lol:

spouse of scouse Aug 13th 2019 4:59 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12722396)
I wouldn't worry, it's not exactly a marketable skill or anything. There are only a small handful of things I'm good at, it just so happens that memorizing a bunch of useless trivia and reading very quickly are two of them :lol:

You'd be an in-demand team member at quiz nights!

SultanOfSwing Aug 13th 2019 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12722400)
You'd be an in-demand team member at quiz nights!

I used to be on a team for a monthly quiz back home. Best we ever managed was 3rd place, sadly, but the quizmaster would pick some really hard questions compared to the normal pub quiz fare. Was always a fun night.

spouse of scouse Aug 13th 2019 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12722560)
I used to be on a team for a monthly quiz back home. Best we ever managed was 3rd place, sadly, but the quizmaster would pick some really hard questions compared to the normal pub quiz fare. Was always a fun night.

They're great for a get together with mates. Although after the last one I went to, I may never attend one again. They decided to make the night 'more fun', so had stuff like a prize for the table that could do the best Humphry Bogart impression. I would have had more 'fun' staying home and defluffing my navel.

SultanOfSwing Aug 13th 2019 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12722634)
They're great for a get together with mates. Although after the last one I went to, I may never attend one again. They decided to make the night 'more fun', so had stuff like a prize for the table that could do the best Humphry Bogart impression. I would have had more 'fun' staying home and defluffing my navel.

Oh no, ours had none of that. It was a nice, simple 'show up with your team, have a few pints and enjoy a quiz' type of deal. Every fourth Thursday without fail, we were there, and when my then-fiancee came to visit me, it was during quiz week so she joined our team that time. They don't really have the traditional pub quiz here, just trivia night which isn't really the same, but she enjoyed it.

Rete Aug 14th 2019 1:21 pm

Trivia Chit Chat

Pull up a chair and sit a spell. Consider this your moan and groan room or your lord it over us with your speed and knowledge. Or just plain have a cuppa and chat away. Enjoy!

lizzyq Aug 14th 2019 4:27 pm

Re: Trivia Chit Chat

What a load of stinkers today!

Rete Aug 14th 2019 4:58 pm

I've not played yet. When I post the results me brain is still foggy so I wait til later and then I forget. Actually, these days I rarely turn on the computer after 3 p.m. I guess I should go now and play while I remember and with your evaluation of today's questions, I'll never get 10 out of 10.

PS Played and damned if I had gone with my first instinct I would have had 10.

mikelincs Aug 14th 2019 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12723022)
I've not played yet. When I post the results me brain is still foggy so I wait til later and then I forget. Actually, these days I rarely turn on the computer after 3 p.m. I guess I should go now and play while I remember and with your evaluation of today's questions, I'll never get 10 out of 10.

PS Played and damned if I had gone with my first instinct I would have had 10.

Rete, don't forget that you can change any or all of the categories to ones that suit you even.. lol.

BEVS Aug 14th 2019 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12723022)
I've not played yet. When I post the results me brain is still foggy so I wait til later and then I forget. .

My brain is always foggy it seems to me.

Remembering not to miss the first question helps.

Rete Aug 15th 2019 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12723093)
Rete, don't forget that you can change any or all of the categories to ones that suit you even.. lol.

Hmmmmmmm, 4th grade level might work :rofl:

Rete Aug 15th 2019 2:26 pm

I'm a fan of Janis Joplin and that was the question that I changed my answer to an incorrect one.

spouse of scouse Aug 15th 2019 2:31 pm

Please excuse this question but I'm a newbie, only joined 6 years ago :D Where do you all go to find these trivia questions?

SultanOfSwing Aug 15th 2019 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12723307)
Please excuse this question but I'm a newbie, only joined 6 years ago :D Where do you all go to find these trivia questions?

They're auto generated. You just pick the categories for each day and FunTrivia selects questions based on that. Which is why you tend to see the same ones come up from time to time, or variations of the same ones anyway.