Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Is The South Really Backwards?

Is The South Really Backwards?

Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:08 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is The South Really Backwards?

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Wouldn't a gay, fat Pope be awesome?!
Elton John in the Pope mobile.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Tomorrow - gays, the Pope and fat people. It's gonna be fun!
I might just join in under a different name then
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't a gay, fat Pope be awesome?!
Only if he could sing.....
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:12 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic View Post
I might just join in under a different name then
You know - it's been an awfully long time since someone let loose and admitted they really just don't like a large group of people. I kind of enjoy when people with solid prejudices (that's not a negative) and bigoted feelings (probably is negative) come out and say so. I don't feel differently about you because you think some people are awful.

And don't say the French. Nobody likes the French.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:14 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

You know - it's been an awfully long time since someone let loose and admitted they really just don't like a large group of people. I kind of enjoy when people with solid prejudices (that's not a negative) and bigoted feelings (probably is negative) come out and say so. I don't feel differently about you because you think some people are awful.

I happen to love the French. I think they're way better than the rest of the Euro trash.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:16 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like the handicapped. They should try harder.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Well then you Sir must be one of the very few I would be delighted to sit in your company.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:19 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I like the French. In fact, I have to find a beret and striped shirt for my cruiser ride tonight, which has the theme Tour de France.

So naturally I'm going as an onion seller. Any ideas where I can pick up a striped black and white shirt?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:38 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Octang Frye View Post
It sounds like the people Young Steve works with are pretty backwards.
hehe Only when i want to vent. The truth is people here in Erie are pretty progressive. There were way more Obama bumper stickers on cars than John McCain ones. I see a lot of white couples with adopted black and asian babys.

Although earlier this year i saw a lady with a massive window sticker on her car that read "The government is taking away our freedom". Very humbly, i walked over to her and asked what it meant, i knew this was gonna be good ! She said something along the lines of "Well ... the government it taking our money to fund all sorts of new programs"

I still think America is backwards in many ways socially when compared to England.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:40 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like Canadians with their "aboot" this and "eh" that. Oh, then there is Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida. All of them are horrific. Then there's the Scots, the Welsh, the Irish, Cockneys, Scousers, Mancs, Geordies and the Cornish. God-awful every single one of them. Not forgetting the French (obviously), the Italians, the Belgians, the Norweigians, the Swedish, the Danish, the Polish and the Hungarians. All of them are pointless. Oh yeah, people who don't indicate, people who drive slow in the fast lane, people who pull out in front of me, people who don't turn their lights on when it rains, people who blind me with their full beams, truckers, motorcyclists, BMW drivers, Audi drivers, Volvo drivers, Toyota drivers and Nissan drivers. All of them should be shot. Let's not forget people who don't know the difference between "there, their and they're", or the difference between "here here" and "hear hear", those that think "off of" is good English, anyone that utters "winningest", and especially anyone that uses text speak when not writing a text message. Morons, every single one of them. And last but not least, anyone that has the letter 'K' in their name. There's something not right about that.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:44 pm
WTF?

I don't like Canadians with their "aboot" this and "eh" that. Oh, then there is Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida. All of them are horrific. Then there's the Scots, the Welsh, the Irish, Cockneys, Scousers, Mancs, Geordies and the Cornish. God-awful every single one of them. Not forgetting the French (obviously), the Italians, the Belgians, the Norweigians, the Swedish, the Danish, the Polish and the Hungarians. All of them are pointless. Oh yeah, people who don't indicate, people who drive slow in the fast lane, people who pull out in front of me, people who don't turn their lights on when it rains, people who blind me with their full beams, truckers, motorcyclists, BMW drivers, Audi drivers, Volvo drivers, Toyota drivers and Nissan drivers. All of them should be shot. Let's not forget people who don't know the difference between "there, their and they're", or the difference between "here here" and "hear hear", those that think "off of" is good English, anyone that utters "winningest", and especially anyone that uses text speak when not writing a text message. Morons, every single one of them. And last but not least, anyone that has the letter 'K' in their name. There's something not right about that.
The losers that use loose instead of lose when discussing something that is lost.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:50 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66 View Post
The losers that use loose instead of lose when discussing something that is lost.
You're just a loose woman.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:51 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by fatbrit View Post
You're just a loose woman.
I lost it a long time ago.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66 View Post
I happen to love the French. I think they're way better than the rest of the Euro trash.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye View Post
I like the French. In fact, I have to find a beret and striped shirt for my cruiser ride tonight, which has the theme Tour de France.

So naturally I'm going as an onion seller. Any ideas where I can pick up a striped black and white shirt?

http://www.ump-attire.com/service/bu...ree_shirts.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.