Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

SLingbox UK - up and running

SLingbox UK - up and running

Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SLingbox UK - up and running

Originally Posted by Big D View Post
if you are in the UK why are you keen to recevie english football
Exactly what I thought...and put his email address on a public forum. Something not quite right about this...
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:09 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D View Post
if you are in the UK why are you keen to recevie english football
I think you see more matches overseas on TV than you can see in the UK.

But your best bet is to partner up with someone in Hong Kong. They have the EPL channel that shows every match, twice a day, every day of the week. Just in case you missed something.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

fanny_jeffers is an unknown quantity at this point

in the UK we dont get to see the games that kick off on a saturday afternoons- foreign sports channels like the fox soccer network and setanta show these matches and thats what im after.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

i have tried to find someone in Asia, to swap with, but my post was removed
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

also- its a genuine offer, im not out to make money, i just want to watch footie
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:33 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea if I get a Freeview recording unit hooked up to a SlingBox in the UK, would I be able to control it here in the States? Was wondering if I could as I'd rather have that than a regular Freeview box.

Cheers.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Dustydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Got two invites for "thebox.bz", first to reply gets 'em
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:21 am
Just Joined

andrew1973 is just really niceandrew1973 is just really niceandrew1973 is just really niceandrew1973 is just really niceandrew1973 is just really niceandrew1973 is just really niceandrew1973 is just really niceandrew1973 is just really nice

Yes please! Thanks!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Well my curent plan is on course, my Brother has been talking about a Lappy, well Wally World were selling them last Friday for $350 so even he could not say no. No point without Broadband, so when Missus brings it over next week. He has Virgin with the Sky Sports packages so should be good to go!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

chris0_2001uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Look interesting
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

AloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of light

Fanny Jeffers - If you are still interested in getting EPL games let me know.

I have Fox Soccer Channel so get alot of Premier games you dont get on Sky. Usually 2 live matches on Saturday & Sunday.

Would be great if i could get the good old BBC over here
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

UK_Tomcat_Fan will become famous soon enoughUK_Tomcat_Fan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland View Post
Get yaself this http://www.applian.com/at-large-recorder/index.php then you can record off it

I just left a pc at home for a pvr.. works fantastic
I have setup a Slingbox in my bedroom for when im away (travelling with work around the world at the moment sucks but hey im getting paid for it, since im planning on moving over to the states im starting to save save save

anyway whilst i was over at my Fiance's for new years i introduced her to british TV and she likes it more the US TV so now she links in to it and watches TV with me
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

andrean is an unknown quantity at this point

If someone is interested in slingbox swap please send me pm
Thank you
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:52 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

OK - once more and slowly for the thick girl at the back of the class please.

I need to find someone here with Sky+ and give them a slingbox. They hook that up to their Sky+ box and their PC or is it the phoneline? Then I sit in Houston watching Home & Away, Neighbours etc on my PC which has broadband. Am I getting it so far?

But what if my special someone here in UK wants to watch something else. Can I override their decision to watch football, rugby, cricket etc with my (obviously) more important Aussie soap addiction? - Who get's first dibs. And if I can use the slingbox to record something on the Sky+ can they delete it etc.

Sorry...I just don't get it and quite honestly theres not point in asking OH as he can't even get to grips with Sky+.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

In a gist, but they'll need a dual tuner, so you can't over ride what they are watching, or they won't be to impressed, and it's hooked up to the skybox and the internet, not the phone line.

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz View Post
OK - once more and slowly for the thick girl at the back of the class please.

I need to find someone here with Sky+ and give them a slingbox. They hook that up to their Sky+ box and their PC or is it the phoneline? Then I sit in Houston watching Home & Away, Neighbours etc on my PC which has broadband. Am I getting it so far?

But what if my special someone here in UK wants to watch something else. Can I override their decision to watch football, rugby, cricket etc with my (obviously) more important Aussie soap addiction? - Who get's first dibs. And if I can use the slingbox to record something on the Sky+ can they delete it etc.

Sorry...I just don't get it and quite honestly theres not point in asking OH as he can't even get to grips with Sky+.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.