Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Redo- Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

Redo- Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Redo- Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

Originally Posted by cindyabs View Post
Charleston has gotten nailed before as you have probably heard. The last time as Hugo was bearing down on Savannh, 30 minutes before it was estimated to hit, it turned and hit Charleston.

http://www.hurricanecity.com/city/charleston.htm

The website SM referenced is one that has much info on the Gulf coast, but also excellent collections from all the agencies on our area as well.

http://www.beaumontweather.com/
Thanx for the links Cindy, bookmarked the second one. So, it sounds like we are due a hit in the next three years....must get hubby applying for jobs in the UK in two!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Woke to a chilly and rainy morning, now the sun is out and its turned into a beautiful afternoon. Rain expected again tonite......when will it ever end....
Old Jun 16th 2010, 2:14 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart View Post
Thanx for the links Cindy, bookmarked the second one. So, it sounds like we are due a hit in the next three years....must get hubby applying for jobs in the UK in two!

After the wrath of Ike in 2008 I'm not quite so cynical about the watch's and warnings.

We actually took a ride through the Bolivar peninsular last weekend. They were totally wiped out by Ike (part of Galveston area). Some folk are re-building but on the whole the place is still pretty desolate. This time of the year it is used to be full of beach partiers but there are just no amenities there now. Sad really
Old Jun 16th 2010, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
After the wrath of Ike in 2008 I'm not quite so cynical about the watch's and warnings.

We actually took a ride through the Bolivar peninsular last weekend. They were totally wiped out by Ike (part of Galveston area). Some folk are re-building but on the whole the place is still pretty desolate. This time of the year it is used to be full of beach partiers but there are just no amenities there now. Sad really
The weather is a crazy unpredictable monster! I'm hoping that we get a nice cool stress free Autumn....is there such a thing here?
Old Jun 16th 2010, 3:52 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart View Post
The weather is a crazy unpredictable monster! I'm hoping that we get a nice cool stress free Autumn....is there such a thing here?
depends on the heat.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cindyabs View Post
depends on the heat.
We have way too much of that!
Old Jun 16th 2010, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Windy but sunny today......
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I dont know where the heck our spring/summer has gone, but today is cold and rainy
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore View Post
I dont know where the heck our spring/summer has gone, but today is cold and rainy
Had a lovely time down in sunny (well until the last day we left) Southern California. Absolutely gorgeous travelling around Mt. Shasta.....only to come back to June Gloom and chillier temps, highlighted by humidity..... Where's the blue skies and sun?
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:11 pm
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

32c in the shade and clear blue skys here in Spain .
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=COWBOY_BUILDER;8663370]32c in the shade and clear blue skys here in Spain .

Ah there you are my sweet cowboy.......Wont be visiting spain any time soon - way to hot for me. You need to come west and visit the west coast.....

Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AmerLisa View Post
Had a lovely time down in sunny (well until the last day we left) Southern California. Absolutely gorgeous travelling around Mt. Shasta.....only to come back to June Gloom and chillier temps, highlighted by humidity..... Where's the blue skies and sun?
Happy to hear you had a good time in california; should have brought back some nice weather with you. Its been like fall here the last few days, but at least we have some sun today......
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:37 pm
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=willmore;8663398]
Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER View Post
32c in the shade and clear blue skys here in Spain .

Ah there you are my sweet cowboy.......Wont be visiting spain any time soon - way to hot for me. You need to come west and visit the west coast.....

I wish i could , maybe in a couple of years ......way to much work at the moment , I don't even have time to come on here much .
Old Jun 29th 2010, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We had a big storm come through last night, fun to watch, even 'cool' enough to sit in the sunroom and watch the rain...ten mins after it was over, it was back to horrible humidity again and back into the house and the A/C!!
Old Jun 29th 2010, 3:55 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

It's dark and, if you are acclimatized, cold. I have three layers of blankets on plus tracksuit pants and a t-shirt and fleece. AND I am watching a shite World Cup game.

How sad am I?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.