Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Redo- Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

Redo- Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Redo- Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

a pretty pleasant and warm 30F...could do with a bit more sun though.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Rain....same as yesterday.....
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:40 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
a pretty pleasant and warm 30F...could do with a bit more sun though.
It gets colder when the sun comes out here. Cloud cover keeping the warm air trapped in.

But yes, 30f seems like a heat wave right now!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:36 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy View Post
It gets colder when the sun comes out here. Cloud cover keeping the warm air trapped in.

But yes, 30f seems like a heat wave right now!
You guys don't know heat waves! It's forecast for 35C today with the temps set to rise to 45C by Saturday. Thank God for aircon and the pool.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:45 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
You guys don't know heat waves! It's forecast for 35C today with the temps set to rise to 45C by Saturday. Thank God for aircon and the pool.
Well we went from wind chills of minus -20f to a 'real feel' of 36f. I did say 'feels' like as well. It does get hot in summer and some times we do get sharp spikes in temp, but that's normally say, 25c to a 35c. nothing really above that like you guys.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:49 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Well we went from wind chills of minus -20f to a 'real feel' of 36f. I did say 'feels' like as well. It does get hot in summer and some times we do get sharp spikes in temp, but that's normally say, 25c to a 35c. nothing really above that like you guys.
You guys also get the cold Lake Michigan winds too. While I do miss snow every now and then I don't miss the cold winds. I imagine Chicago would be pretty humid in summer, is it? I'm from Southern Ontario so know all about "feels like" temps with wind chill and humidex factors.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:59 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

It can get very soggy in the summer.

Some day's it's like walking into an empty fish tank with the heating on.

If that makes any sense.

But the Floridians here will scoff at any claims of humidity being bad elsewhere
Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:07 pm
Newlywed

It can get very soggy in the summer.

Some day's it's like walking into an empty fish tank with the heating on.

If that makes any sense.

But the Floridians here will scoff at any claims of humidity being bad elsewhere
Floridians, eh?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Cloudy but no rain. The dampness here seems to go right into my soul. Im far colder here, then I ever was in manitoba or ontario.....
Old Jan 13th 2010, 2:13 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Hot hot hot here in Brisbane, I owe my air con a big favour
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:40 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts View Post
Hot hot hot here in Brisbane, I owe my air con a big favour
Wimp, get some f'off fans and save some money
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:48 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
Wimp, get some f'off fans and save some money
Or drink plenty of water and get used to the weather. I find acclimatizing myself to summer and winter helps. Less dependent on heating and cooling then.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 2:02 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Or drink plenty of water and get used to the weather. I find acclimatizing myself to summer and winter helps. Less dependent on heating and cooling then.
I remember my first summer here in GA, after living in the NL for four years-thought I was in Purgatory, Then winter came around and I said, is that it? Is that your best shot?

Well now, the summers have gotten a bit easier (or I've gotten smarter) and I do feel it when the temps go down (as they were for the last 2 weeks).
Old Jan 13th 2010, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

Frances Johnsen Troup is an unknown quantity at this point

Today is not too bad. We have had many frigid,cold days but at the present we are getting a wee break.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Still lots of snow around on the ground here, but they have promised a warm up to around 40 today! yeah!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.