Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Puppy Dog Thread.

The Puppy Dog Thread.

Old May 30th 2020, 12:19 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.

So Stan learnt at daycare that "you can be anything you set your mind to".

And Stan wants to be a Butterfly.

Old May 30th 2020, 12:31 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post

If you ask me, Stan is just waiting for an opportunity to take that person's arm off
Old May 30th 2020, 12:40 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
If you ask me, Stan is just waiting for an opportunity to take that person's arm off
Apparently he's one of the Silly Hat Gang now. From the pics, it would seem the SHG has numerous members.
Old May 30th 2020, 2:42 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently he's one of the Silly Hat Gang now. From the pics, it would seem the SHG has numerous members.
Another from the toybox?

Old May 30th 2020, 2:48 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

He just knows that's the first picture that any visitor will be shown.........
Old May 30th 2020, 3:10 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Could he get any more adorable? I guess the answer is yes -- the great pictures just keep on coming!
Old May 30th 2020, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Meet Pax the Airedale terrier.

It's been a bitter-sweet experience so far, as a short time after arrival we realised he had a coxofemoral dysplasia issue (instability of the hip).
Long story short, after discussions with several vets and weeks of research we decided on a somewhat complex op: a triple pelvic osteotomy reinforced by the addition of a second plate. The very specialized vet was brilliant and fortunately all went well.
Old May 30th 2020, 3:49 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe View Post

It's been a bitter-sweet experience so far, as a short time after arrival we realised he had a coxofemoral dysplasia issue (instability of the hip).
Long story short, after discussions with several vets and weeks of research we decided on a somewhat complex op: a triple pelvic osteotomy reinforced by the addition of a second plate. The very specialized vet was brilliant and fortunately all went well.
He's a lucky boy...... and nobody's taking his rubber bone!
Has the op fixed everything?...... because hip problems can be really difficult and Airedale's aren't exactly small..... or quiet.
Old May 30th 2020, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
He's a lucky boy...... and nobody's taking his rubber bone!
Has the op fixed everything?...... because hip problems can be really difficult and Airedale's aren't exactly small..... or quiet.
How right you are, Airedale's are certainly not small and to make matters worse, ours from day one was an exceptionally hyper-active dog. It was for this reason that the vet suggested we may wish to consider a reinforced second plate & screws, as he'd had experience of a hyper-active labrador pup, the owner of which did not want the additional expense of the reinforced option. Two months later the young dog had jumped and fallen badly, damaging the implant and surrounding tissue. Apparently his subsequent repair was complicated and with significant risk, not to mention the additional expense.

Incidently although no pain was apparent, the problem with our pup was initially noticed when running (bunny-hopping), and the hip dysplasia condition then confirmed by x-rays. Apparently many owners are not aware or overlook a problem, which then manifests itself after a few years when the dog has difficulty and suffers pain when walking.
This shows how he looked arriving home the day after the op. Not for those of a nervous disposition........
Spoiler:

Did I mention hyper-active.......? The morning after, not only had he torn the surgical collar to bits, and it was hanging off lop-sided, he'd torn off all three surgical dressings and swallowed them. A 2nd pneumatic collar didn't last more than a few days, and it was only a heavily modded replacement plastic collar with duct-tape that provided a longer term solution.
These dogs are as hard as nails, and often stubborn as the proverbial mule. The upside is they have wonderfully affectionate personalities, which makes them wonderful pets when they realize who the boss is.

Now well on the mend in this recent pic, he appears to be saying, "Ok, I’m on my best behaviour, but just for this one mug-shot!"

"And now behind my back, they post this degrading photo of me to the world in my most favourite relaxful mood. Oh the shame……..!"

Old May 30th 2020, 8:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Pax is gorgeous. Years ago my sister had an Airdale...Kerry. She was also very energetic. I remember once leaving her at mine while we went out for the day. She obviously didn’t like being shut in...hubby had to replace the door and door frame.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 31st 2020 at 12:03 pm.
Old May 30th 2020, 8:29 pm
Resident Cynic

These dogs are as hard as nails, and often stubborn as the proverbial mule. The upside is they have wonderfully affectionate personalities, which makes them wonderful pets when they realize who the boss is.

Now well on the mend in this recent pic, he appears to be saying, "Ok, I’m on my best behaviour, but just for this one mug-shot!"
"And now behind my back, they post this degrading photo of me to the world in my most favourite relaxful mood. Oh the shame……..!"

I'm thinking the easiest time to get a photo is when he's asleep......

At junior school I had a friend with an Airedale. My parents had a Dachshund. We decided to take them for a long walk (and it was, considering our ages!). He lived about 4 miles one side of our school, I lived 5 miles in the other... and we walked from mine to his. I will never forget the scene as we got to the park and Paddy, the Airedale took off - it was like a caroon, with my friend being dragged along behind him. Then Paddy would stop, come back and lick his "master's" face in "apology", walk for about 20 yards and then take off again. How I laughed! How I laighed indeed, until about 5 miles in when my charge did the famous Dachshund "anchor" trick, sat down, refused to budge and couldn't be moved.... Try carrying a Dachshund for a few miles, aged 10.

Last edited by macliam; May 30th 2020 at 8:32 pm.
Old May 31st 2020, 12:25 pm

Pax looks great! He is lucky to have someone like you to look after him so well.
Old May 31st 2020, 12:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Pax looks great! He is lucky to have someone like you to look after him so well.
excuse me Mr N, but it is we who are the lucky ones...lucky to have been chosen to be part of their lives.
Old May 31st 2020, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
excuse me Mr N, but it is we who are the lucky ones...lucky to have been chosen to be part of their lives.
Stan says he likes you more than he does me.
Old May 31st 2020, 1:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Stan says he likes you more than he does me.

I love Cutie Pie Stan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.