Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Pink Floyd to reform for live 8

Pink Floyd to reform for live 8

Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:39 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pink Floyd to reform for live 8

The full line up for the first tine in 20 years my all time favourite band.

Knowing my luck they'll probably like it and play a gig over here when i'm in oz
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:48 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Pink Floyd to reform for live 8

Originally Posted by fraser

Knowing my luck they'll probably like it and play a gig over here when i'm in oz
A man after my own heart

Best gig of my life was 2 visits to the Pulse gig at Earls Court in 94, loved it!

Had the best of both worlds as 1st gig was 4 rows from the front, in front of David Gilmour, and the 2nd gig (2 days later) was right at the back up on the Circle so got full benefit of the lazers and flying, crashing planes, the pigs, the crystal chandelier at the end ..... oh the lot!

Loved it!

Only time I ever see them, but have spent many a night crashed in the sofa after a good listening! ........ oh the odd beer and funny fag too ...
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:48 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

They'd better follow it up with a concert in oz then!!

My father was a floyd freak. I listened to floyd every single day of my life starting from birth until they day I moved out of home. (Then I still listened on my own because it had been drilled into me!)

Siren
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:55 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen them four times at Wembley, London arena and twice at Earls Court.

I'd have a seizure if they played a gig and I missed it, especially as I've never seen them play with Gilmour.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:00 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
A man after my own heart

Best gig of my life was 2 visits to the Pulse gig at Earls Court in 94, loved it!
and mine!

Managed to get to The Division Bell tour 2 and a teeny bit times in 1994.

Once at Foxboro in MA.
Once in Earls Court.

and a teeny bit (approx 30 seconds) at the Earls Court gig when the seating collapsed and the concert was stopped.

We heard a cymbal like crash, our seats started to wobble like a roller coster and we all went "wheyyyyyy!, what will they think of next? Moving seats! Brillant!"

Well, how were we to know?

*edit* Foxboro did it for me. A low cloud and rain storm came in at the end of the gig which just enhanced the lighting.

Last edited by Iginla; Jun 13th 2005 at 8:02 am.
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

I've seen them four times at Wembley, London arena and twice at Earls Court.

I'd have a seizure if they played a gig and I missed it, especially as I've never seen them play with Gilmour.

Awww man, wish I had!

I go to a lot of gig's altho never the big guns like Glastonbury, but DO love a gig. I take my kids now and they was at Oasis's Knebworth aged 6 & 4 ....lol. Drove to Leeds a few weeks back to see Embrace, love it!

Floyd are the ones tho, real class!
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Syd's coming out of retirement too!!!!

Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Awww man, wish I had!

I go to a lot of gig's altho never the big guns like Glastonbury, but DO love a gig. I take my kids now and they was at Oasis's Knebworth aged 6 & 4 ....lol. Drove to Leeds a few weeks back to see Embrace, love it!

Floyd are the ones tho, real class!

We're going to Twickenham Sunday to see U2, all of a sudden I'm not that excited
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Excellent..............do you reckon they may come this way..........doubt it

One of hubby's fave bands.

Originally Posted by MJC

Sorry not that original, does anyone actually know where he is?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:03 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
The 20 years bit was a clue!

Better luck next time.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Excellent..............do you reckon they may come this way..........doubt it

One of hubby's fave bands.
At the moment they're just playing Live 8, but who knows small acorns and all that
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:05 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment they're just playing Live 8, but who knows small acorns and all that
What other bands................???????
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
What other bands................???????

Loads too many to remember, U2, scissor sisters, Robbie Williams, Status Quo,Coldplay of the top of my head
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:10 am
Sat on the fence ......

Loads too many to remember, U2, scissor sisters, Robbie Williams, Status Quo,Coldplay of the top of my head
*Rumble faint's with excitement*

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.